Mark Teahen Appreciation Thread

Milkman delivers

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
He is actually a very good guy from what I hear. Its too bad his contract blows.

blame kenny for that f***ing mistake. let's lock up a guy for 3 million a YEAR when he's not even worth 3 million over 3 years....

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
blame kenny for that f***ing mistake. let's lock up a guy for 3 million a YEAR when he's not even worth 3 million over 3 years....

Yup. The trade was OK, I'm not shedding tears over Chris Getz. It was signing him to the awful extension after that killed it.

McDougal's who I was thinking of, and while he had a good first season, his remaining ones with us were horror movies.

When he'd come out of the bullpen, I'd hide under the bed.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
McDougal's who I was thinking of, and while he had a good first season, his remaining ones with us were horror movies.

When he'd come out of the bullpen, I'd hide under the bed.

At some point getting talent from losing organizations isn't exactly a good idea.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
LOL. Anyway, I love this thread. I have nothing personally against Teahen, I just couldn't stand him as a player. I don't know what they saw in him at all, except that he bats lefty.

It was a way of dumping Josh Fields except they got a higher priced version of Josh Fields instead. This is another reason why this organization needs a new GM.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
At some point getting talent from losing organizations isn't exactly a good idea.

Talent from a losing organization is actually a great deal to make. We dealt for mediocrity from a losing organization, therein lies the problem. Turns out he wasn't even mediocre, he was just plain bad.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Talent from a losing organization is actually a great deal to make. We dealt for mediocrity from a losing organization, therein lies the problem. Turns out he wasn't even mediocre, he was just plain bad.

Not for this organization. They tend to hold on to them much longer to do more damage. Then you get mental midgets who can't react to pressure because they really nothing to play for after ASB.