Rumor: Rios/Thornton to Brewers for Gamel?

Steve9347

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Ricky Weeks just went on the DL. Why are you such a Negative Nancy today? Jeez.

I think hes talking about a future standpoint. If they asked for Beckham in the deal, obviously they will have some problems when Weeks gets off the DL

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
If we don't like Juan Pierre now, why the hell should Brewers fans like Juan Pierre Junior?

morgan: 66 g, .319, 3 , 23, 400k

rios: 97 g, .208, 6 , 23, 12m

yea they should be thrilled to have rios

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
I think hes talking about a future standpoint. If they asked for Beckham in the deal, obviously they will have some problems when Weeks gets off the DL

Maybe they feel he can play 3B or SS? Or perhaps they feel Weeks is playing himself right out of an affordable contract? Silly to dismiss.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
Maybe they feel he can play 3B or SS? Or perhaps they feel Weeks is playing himself right out of an affordable contract? Silly to dismiss.

I think that is crazy, but I really don't believe this one at all. Literally no one else has picked it up.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
And he continues to ignore my questions - for the last 48 hours I've been asking him WHY the brewers would EVER WANT rios.

He says nothing.

If the sox were picking up a large share of the contract it might be worth a risk. If I went back and bumped the original rios thread here I'm sure most people though hed recover to his earlier success.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
And he continues to ignore my questions - for the last 48 hours I've been asking him WHY the brewers would EVER WANT rios.

He says nothing.

He's trying to play if off. $50 says he'll say something like "Negotiations were very close, deal almost happened, but #Brewers nixed deal, demanded Beckham." And anyone with a brain will know what really happened, and where he stands on the Twitterpole in the Twitterverse.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
morgan: 66 g, .319, 3 , 23, 400k

rios: 97 g, .208, 6 , 23, 12m

yea they should be thrilled to have rios

When Nyjer Morgan has a season where he has an .360+ wOBA while playing great defense in a full-time role, call me.

As bad as Rios is this year, he still has the talent and potential to be a good player. Nyjer Morgan is what he is, a Juan Pierre duplicate.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
When Nyjer Morgan has a season where he has an .360+ wOBA while playing great defense in a full-time role, call me.

As bad as Rios is this year, he still has the talent and potential to be a good player. Nyjer Morgan is what he is, a Juan Pierre duplicate.

I'd just like to say that I enjoy your posts.

Rios is what others thought he was but what I at one time insisted he wasn't, and that's the CF Javy. And unlike Nyjer Morgan, both of those players, as maddening as they can be, have the ability to do some very nice things on the baseball field when they're not too busy staring at their colons. In theory, someone would want to take a shot at Rios, but right now, we'd have to eat so much money to get someone else interested that there's almost no way we could do anything that makes sense for the Chicago White Sox. We're not here to help out the Brewers with free lottery tickets.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)

well i think the point is to worry about winning their divison now, and yea rios couldnt help anyone lol

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
Hate to see Escobar go.

I would too. But if he's a piece that prevents the Sox from having to pick up such a huge chunk of Rios salary... If the Sox could get off paying around $18M of the remaining on Rios that would be golden. But again....hate to see Escobar go.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
I would too. But if he's a piece that prevents the Sox from having to pick up such a huge chunk of Rios salary... If the Sox could get off paying around $18M of the remaining on Rios that would be golden. But again....hate to see Escobar go.

We have Ramirez and Beckham in the middle infield. You give him up if it means we can rid ourselves of Rios and his contract.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)

I'm pretty sure Escobar is just a total nobody who had a hot season in winterball and turned some heads. Nothing he had ever done indicated that he could hit at all. I'd personally love to sell high on him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I think this guy really is a guy in his underwear in his mom's basement.

Yep. I was thinking that he might just be trying a social experiment to see if he can get some new outlet to scoop on his BS.