Danks1 also on the market?

chisoxfan09

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
Do you think after Jackson getting traded the team would keep its starters intact now? Especially if we are still "all in"

I think it depends on the offer. John Danks would be by far the best pitcher, and probably the best player on the market this year. If someone offered you a similar level deal to what the M's got for Lee, wouldn't you almost have to do so?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
If the Sox want to move Danks, they won't move him now, unless of course we get swept or the team goes into full sell mode. I expect the Sox to continue to retool in the off-season and part of that retooling will likely involving making one last offer to Danks and if he doesn't accept, will involve moving him to another team.

I agree with this. They know his value will be a lot higher in February than in July and if he doesn't agree to an extension then he won't later. They'd be foolish not to trade him if that were the case.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I agree with this. They know his value will be a lot higher in February than in July and if he doesn't agree to an extension then he won't later. They'd be foolish not to trade him if that were the case.

Danks value will be lower in February, as it stands the team who gets him has 1.5 years of control, a February trade makes him a one season rental add to that the other pitchers that will be on the market/free agents this winter and Danks' value now is as high as it will ever be.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Honestly I wouldn't put it past KW to try and peddle off Rios with either Danks or CQ. It is probably the only way teams will even listen, but we gotta lower the demand and eat some salary.

Even if we have to cut back to $100 million next year, I'd still say we're better off taking the talent and keeping the poorly performing guys. We've got a $100 million salary, if we've got a ton of young talent, we can eat that as an expense.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
Danks value will be lower in February, as it stands the team who gets him has 1.5 years of control, a February trade makes him a one season rental add to that the other pitchers that will be on the market/free agents this winter and Danks' value now is as high as it will ever be.

I know, I obviously meant it will higher in February than in next July, at the next trade deadline

They just need to re-sign Danks and be done with it. When is the last time the Yankees traded a prospect who was any good? Their farm team used to be here in Columbus and their minor league players are always vastly overrated. I remember when Kevin Maas was the 2nd coming of Lou Gehrig and don't forget about the greatest power hitter since Babe Ruth, Steve Baboni.

Edited by Lemon_44

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:27 AM)
They just need to re-sign Danks and be done with it. When is the last time the Yankees traded a prospect who was any good? Their farm team used to be here in Columbus and their minor league players are always vastly overrated. I remember when Kevin Maas was the 2nd coming of Lou Gehrig and don't forget about the greatest power hitter since Babe Ruth, Steve Baboni.

It takes two to tango.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:27 AM)

The Pirates are in the race in the NL Central thanks to former Yankee farmhands.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
The Pirates are in the race in the NL Central thanks to former Yankee farmhands.
I don't know about thanks to them. Karstens and McCutcheon aren't the main reason they're batling for 1st even though Kartsen has had a nice year. I guess I shuld have said the for the greater % , Yankees traded prospects don't produce .

QUOTE (Anderson Cooper's Quivering @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
Didn't one of the Sox beat writers tweet yesterday that the Sox have said Danks will NOT be traded?

I'll have to go check my twitter feed.... could swore I saw that somewhere.

All depends on the package, just like with ANY player on the team and in the minors.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
It's one thing if we spend it; but are you sure JR won't decide that the lower payroll is the new budget limit and put the $20 mill in his pocket?

I'm not sure about that at all. but if he gave the order to sell, none of that matters.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm not sure about that at all. but if he gave the order to sell, none of that matters.

Don't think it was an order to sell. More like an order not to add so if KW loses more payroll he could probably keep it in the $120/125 mill this year. KW might have one more move up his sleeve but I think it would involve bigger names. Viciedo being hurt right now kind of throws a monkey wrench into trading CQ. But I truly think either him or Thorton will be gone shortly.