7/30- Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Rios getting booed on the final play of the inning.

Pendulum swinging back to KW in the idiot of the moment in the Ozzie/KW battle. Ozzie very close behind for not benching him.

It would be perfectly hilarious if KW tried to order Ozzie to bench him in the middle of the inning...went down to the dugout or onto the field.

That would be total awesomeness.

"Lazy, Lazy!" from the crowd during this at-bat.

He's gotta feel so small.

I hope Kenny feels smaller.

Edited by Real

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Honestly, I'm thrilled that just happened. Anything to make Ozzie realize how terrible of a player he is.

That's the kind of play that gets rewarded with more playing time on this roster.

I logged on specifically to complain about Rios...are you kidding me? You get benched, the manager gives you a chance to play, and you can't even play hard for a whole game? Unreal.

At least the fans are booing him. At some point, you wonder if the man has any self-respect.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Red sox just picked up rich harden from Oakland

Yeah, that fits with their pitching staff, lots of DL guys, never know who will do anything, low cost.

Now the Yankees, Pirates, and Braves are the only teams I can think of legitimately in the pennant race who haven't made a move to upgrade, and we match up with all of their needs.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Letting Rios hit shows how balless OG is.

I agree. I have NOT been on the Ozzie sucks, dump Ozzie bandwagon, but I am beyond livid with Rios and our manager's reaction to him.

There is ONE RULE about playing baseball...all the way from tee ball to majors...you play it hard. You hustle. you try. You care. If you dont do this, then you have NO BUSINESS playing.

Ozzie lost a lot of points by not benching him.

That was one of the most ridiculous plays I have ever seen...lazy fook.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
If you highlight the situation, I think your chances of trading him are nil

They were never close to good.

I do wish they'd just send him home for the rest of 2011 and send him his checks and forget his very existence until 2012 spring training.

Has there been a more hated White Sox player?

Cory Snyder?

Navarro?

Steve Sax?

Wil Cordero

D'Angelo Jimenez?

Albert Belle?

Swisher?

Royce Clayton?

Nobody booing Dunn really hated him, they felt sorry or frustrated with him, or for him....but this has reached a whole different level.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
Has there been a more hated White Sox player?

Cory Snyder?

Navarro?

Steve Sax?

Wil Cordero

D'Angelo Jimenez?

Albert Belle?

Swisher?

Royce Clayton?

Nobody booing Dunn really hated him, they felt sorry or frustrated with him, or for him....but this has reached a whole different level.

David Wells.

Calls out Frank as weak. Then learns Frank shredded his arm. Helps shred that 2001 team.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
There is ONE RULE about playing baseball...all the way from tee ball to majors...you play it hard. You hustle. you try. You care. If you dont do this, then you have NO BUSINESS playing.

That one isn't in the books of the player's union.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
My buddy texted me (since I'm not watching the game) that Rios play made Lillibridge's play from earlier on in the season look better.

COL has a very very DEEP CF and he was already playing a no-doubles/back to wall approach because of the late-inning, tied situation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:42 AM)
David Wells.

Calls out Frank as weak. Then learns Frank shredded his arm. Helps shred that 2001 team.

When you take into account salary wasted, Rios is going to end up being #1.