7/30- Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Peavy wishes he could have Humber's success this year.

Sure would be nice to have an ownership which doesn't constantly rely on catching lightening in a bottle with half of its roster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
He's just not an ace. A respectable 3rd or possibly 4th starter (depending on the team), sure.

If his arm were conditioned for 200 innings, I bet he could easily be an "ace". That curveball is better than Floyds.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Sure would be nice to have an ownership which doesn't constantly rely on catching lightening in a bottle with half of its roster.

Hell, even the Red Sox rely on catching lightning in a bottle with half their roster. That was their entire 2010 plan. Or the in and out every year Yankee pitching staff.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
So balta, would you still pencil Humber into the 2012 Sox rotation? Do you chalk this up to him not used to this work load?

Boston isn't a bad hitting team, I wouldn't count him as dead yet. What is more concerning to me is JFP's in ability to get past 70 pitches.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
Rios needs to stand the f*** up.. that squat takes all his power away....either way would love to see his ass go somewhere else but noone else will be as stupid as KW was on that one.... should have let Detroit claim him

Would they even have taken him with Granderson in CF at that time, and Ordonez in RF? It was just a theory. I know Curtis was struggling against LHP during that timeframe...but you have to think the main reason is that KW really was overconfident a change of scenery and the Sox coaching staff could "fix" him.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
Ubaldo Jimenez has been traded from the Rockies to the Indians for pitching prospects Drew Pomeranz and Alex White and first base prospect Matt McBride, according to the Denver Post's Troy Renck.

Source: Troy Renck on Twitter Jul 30, 8:02 PM

That's what I call being all in.

Cleveland must believe 2012 is going to be all she's wrote for humanity anyway.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
Hell, even the Red Sox rely on catching lightning in a bottle with half their roster. That was their entire 2010 plan. Or the in and out every year Yankee pitching staff.

I just hope he can get things back together again and finish the year nicely. I'm not expecting a 3 ERA or anything, but something that can give him momentum heading into next year.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
Boston isn't a bad hitting team, I wouldn't count him as dead yet. What is more concerning to me is JFP's in ability to get past 70 pitches.

You know how it tends to take guys who come back from the Tommy John at least 1.5 years to get their full stuff back? It's been 1 year and 2 months since Peavy snapped his arm apart. His conditioning isn't there, and not only does that impact his innings load, it probably hurts his slider.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Good bullpen arms are worthless when your team sucks. We could get some good prospects for Ohman, Thornton, Crain.

Yep, you cannot eat corn on the cob with no f***ing teeth!

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
Kenny working the phones as we speak

Hopefully, trying to see if he can trade himself.

Whatever we get in return would be his greatest acquisition.

They call it addition by subtraction.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Hopefully, trying to see if he can trade himself.

Whatever we get in return would be his greatest acquisition.

They call it addition by subtraction.

Wonder how long it would be before Hahn dumped KWJR from the Sox minor league system?

One week? Or he'd just let him quietly "retire" and offer him an internship in the front office?

The other reason this season sucks is we can't even see what we might be working with going into 2012 with Sale as a rotation member.

Can they send him to the AFL or has he spent too much time on the major league roster? Is there a rule on that? Winter ball?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
You know how it tends to take guys who come back from the Tommy John at least 1.5 years to get their full stuff back? It's been 1 year and 2 months since Peavy snapped his arm apart. His conditioning isn't there, and not only does that impact his innings load, it probably hurts his slider.

Yes, agreed. If we're going to make a run for this thing we're going to need him. I am actually quite surprised everyone feels the likely loss tonight should result in a panic selloff of the team and basically do a white flag 2 if you will.

If we can get the game tomorrow it's a good start to this important homestand...and with this division as winnable as it is, I dont think we're going to make a move. If we're offered an awesome package for one of our desirable players, however, I wouldn't lose sleep if we did a deal that signified we're packing it in...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)

Yep, they're pretty gogd at hitting. Someone can bunt on there too. Notice that one guy got an RBI looking for an outside pitch.

Sox show no discipline at the plate. They've chased some really bad pitches.

Of course they had to make their visit to mental midget kingdom. You starter gets rattle having a guy on base. Most guys on this team are very poor holding a runner except for MB. Alexi looked like a Pee Wee leaguer shying away from a bad AJ throw. This is the all in Sox I'm use to.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Wonder how long it would be before Hahn dumped KWJR from the Sox minor league system?

One week? Or he'd just let him quietly "retire" and offer him an internship in the front office?

He would finish the year and be gonzo after the last game.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Wonder how desperate the Yankees will be to add Floyd or Danks?

They've got CC, but out of Hughes/Burnett/Nova/Colon/Garcia...who do you go with for Games 2-3 in a playoff series?

The Braves, Red Sox, and the Yankees are the only ones who really haven't stepped up and made a deal to try to win it this year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
If they can make good deals, yes. Not just whatever they can get.

I'm still holding out hope the Yankees make an overwhelming offer for Danks.

Give me your Montero. Give me your Betances. Give me your Banuelos.

They could have gotten Granderson for Danks had they made the deal during the hot stove.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Would they even have taken him with Granderson in CF at that time, and Ordonez in RF? It was just a theory. I know Curtis was struggling against LHP during that timeframe...but you have to think the main reason is that KW really was overconfident a change of scenery and the Sox coaching staff could "fix" him.

Confident? More like foolishness. Maybe Coop can fix him. It seems like a change of scenery=regression for anyone that's not a pitcher.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
They could have gotten Granderson for Danks had they made the deal during the hot stove.

That doesn't solve the Sox's problems, it fixes CF with 2 guys but adds a ton more salary.