flavum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Humber 1-2 with a 5.51 ERA for July.

Think this long rest has really brought some life back to his pitches...the 6 man rotation might end up having saved this rotation in the end, if Peavy and Humber survive to get to October.

First baserunner.

Jimenez scratched from his start tonight. Something's up.

Edited by caulfield12

Jimenez is definitely going somewhere the next day or so if they're scratching his start tonight.

ERA of just over 1 for the White Sox bullpen over the last 26 games.

Everyone's gotta to be at least asking about Ohman, Thornton, Frasier Crane and Sale. Maybe even Bruney and Pena. Well, that's pushing it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Rios had been getting a pass for playing like crap and playing uninterested for quite a while this year. When Ozzie sat him for 4 innings for loafing and he was ultimately platooned, he now is public enemy #1 with the home crowd.

Ya know, Dunn blows, but at least he seems like he's trying. Rios obviously isn't, and I know I'm not pointing out anything new here. But this is why I think that Rios would be a much better target for all of the abuse that Dunn gets from the USCF crowds. Maybe that's already happened and I just having been paying attention.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
Rios needs to go up to the plate and just pretend he's Cecil Fielder and put all of his weight into the swing. This current bulls*** stance/swing gives him no power at all.

He's also pulling his head. He'll either hit a grounder to SS or 3B or a little pop up to the right side.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
Ya know, Dunn blows, but at least he seems like he's trying. Rios obviously isn't, and I know I'm not pointing out anything new here. But this is why I think that Rios would be a much better target for all of the abuse that Dunn gets from the USCF crowds. Maybe that's already happened and I just having been paying attention.

It hadn't until now. Now I think he'll get more abuse than Dunn.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:46 AM)
He's also pulling his head. He'll either hit a grounder to SS or 3B or a little pop up to the right side.

If we're still trying to win, it's so bogus we keep playing him. Same goes for Dunn playing in any of the next 3 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
If we're still trying to win, it's so bogus we keep playing him. Same goes for Dunn playing in any of the next 3 games.

I don't have a problem with them playing Dunn. I do have a problem with him hitting 4th. Its mindboggling.

Deal is done according to Troy REnck of the Denver Post.

White OR Pomeranz, Kipnis and Chisenhall.

Pressure on the Yankees to make a pitching move now...

Morel hitting into bad luck, close play at 1B. Morel's our best bunter after Vizquel and Pierre when he's bunting for a hit. Unfortunately, power....not so much.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
I don't have a problem with them playing Dunn. I do have a problem with him hitting 4th. Its mindboggling.

It takes the bat right out of Paulie's hands. I'm surprised anyone pitches to PK at all.

Youk with some revenge on Morel.