7/31 - Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With the game so long and Dunn and Rios back to back in the 9th, we made our way down the LF line to get a Lance Johnson jump to the Red Line as soon as the final out was recorded. That we did, making our way down the ramp quickly, but who had a better Lance Johnson jump out of USCF than us? It was KW. He had as little faith in his high priced "sluggers" as I did. He does have a sweet silver Benz though. Dealer plates.

Was unable to catch this game. First off, hope PK is arite, definitely whatever move we can make to oust Detroit and Cleveland for division crown lies heavily on Konerko's shoulder. Hearing that he might not play tmr in a game vs CC he's is our only hope for sure, and every game matters. If he doesn't play tmr might as well make the team not show up vs CC definitely with Peavy on the mound who Ozzie thinks is 100% and will drive him to 110 pitches heck even for 2 days rest as a relief pitcher.

Now onto the game itself, by the looks of the boxscore it seems to be the same old story, well sort of. We actually got 10 hits vs their starter, but of course we can't cash them in which is oh so familiar. Buerhle is Buerhle, the usual quality start. I dunno what Crain decided to do today but I can excuse him for how well he pitched this season. Frasor looks like he wasn't able to do what he was supposed to do and A-Gone made the team pay. Looks like Oz played the % in the lefty-lefty match up but if your gonna do that why not bring in Thornton. We couldn't do anything against their bullpen, which should be expected when you have Pierre, Dunn and Rios playing as the heart of the lineup. Morel got couple hits which is encouraging cuz he got 3 his last game like 4 games ago or so. So i guess another 4 game break for him for sure.

Definitely a game Sox should have won of basis of the pitching matchup but then again, the offense can't even match up to the worsts in the league, and minus Konerko don't have any terms to describe how bad they are then. Couple this with a Detroit win, we fall further back in the race. Only 4.0 i know but we are running out of time.

Good to see CQ not leave, looks like nothing significant enough for Kenny to make a move. However the Indians and Tigers got better with the arms they got. So this race just gotten more interesting and a bit tougher for us now too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
With the game so long and Dunn and Rios back to back in the 9th, we made our way down the LF line to get a Lance Johnson jump to the Red Line as soon as the final out was recorded. That we did, making our way down the ramp quickly, but who had a better Lance Johnson jump out of USCF than us? It was KW. He had as little faith in his high priced "sluggers" as I did. He does have a sweet silver Benz though. Dealer plates.

Was KW "on point" too?

"I love to watch Lance/Ray Ray/Sugar Ray (or KW) run." Hawk Harrelson

Oh, to have a good CFer again. Those were the days. He was my favorite player back then.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
With the Yankees and Twins coming up...feels like it's about time for that mid-summer losing skid.

Great point. Here it comes. I think 2 sweeps in a row.

That said, I pray next year we get off to a better start. This whole season has sucked big time.

That April was a total joke. Our dysfunctional organization never could come back from that godawful start.

Please Sox, do something different next year to have a good April/May.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Was KW "on point" too?

"I love to watch Lance/Ray Ray/Sugar Ray (or KW) run." Hawk Harrelson

Oh, to have a good CFer again. Those were the days. He was my favorite player back then.

Funny how he was always around .300 every season and always swinging at the first pitch.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)

He doesn't owned anything, he leases.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Can they cut these f***ing crap "All-in" commercials? Seriously, it just makes this organization look like a joke.

STOP. PLAYING. THEM!

They are a freakin' joke...Reinsdorf and his cabal won't sell unless they can package the Sox, Bulls and the UC:

1.3 billion or so....that's what it will take