7/31 - Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
I don't worry about Indians. The Tigers to me just seem to be the class of the division after they made a few moves to improve some of their weak areas.

Tigers are the better team and I'm still saying the Twins are not out until they are dead and buried...it's also very clear we can't beat that team head to head so that's 2 teams to worry about.

Still, a lineup with Dunn and Rios at the heart of our order is putrid.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
Tigers have given up 488 runs so far. They are the inverse Sox, and id rather rely on pitching.

Outside of Verlander that staff is marginal.

Considering Sox have 3 reliable starters now and Tigers brought in a very solid starter in Fister, there's been a huge shift with regards to starting pitching in this division the last 10 days.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Yeah we still can win the division, yeah we hit .206 with 2 outs and RISP

I agree this team is what it is for 2011. We will still be talking about how bad they are thru rest of season and under .500!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
You guys sure have a lot of love for a team with a negative run differential and a team that has 12 come back wins in the 9th at home.

If the Sox were in the West or East theyd have no shot, in the Central theres a chance a 500 team wins the division.

Sorry some of us are a bit skeptical of a team that can't score runs making a run. If all of a sudden they all as a group remove their heads from their rectums and start to hit like an AL team then I might change my tune. Oakland and Seattle has had some stellar pitching and crappy hitting over the last few years. Guess what happens. Crappy hitting over the course of a season kills the team.

Edited by southsideirish71

Scherzer and Porcello have pitched very well recently...after the firing of their pitching coach, Knapp.

Penny's sucked, but with Fister now at the back end, they're solidified.

Pauley will make a HUGE difference for their pen.

Whatever happens, I'm an Indians fan after the Sox. Don't want the Tigers to make it, definitely hate the Twins the most.

The only question is whether their offense can hold it together waiting on Choo/Sizemore to return. Still think that there's something wrong with Jimenez and he won't be the difference maker they actually need.

I almost wish we'd gotten that package back from the Indians for Danks, but it wouldn't have been as good....and we just can't trade Danks in the division unless the return was absolutely insane. And CLE could never afford to extend him, so it would have been a non-starter.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
I don't worry about Indians. The Tigers to me just seem to be the class of the division after they made a few moves to improve some of their weak areas.

The Tigers are the Cubs of the AL. They are so gonna choke again.

I love how the kids like DeAza, Morel, Flowers make things happen lately when they

are lucky enough to break the lineup and the Front Office can't see what needs to be done. Lol.

These recent wins could be such longterm poison for this franchise. Hilarious.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
You dont have to convince me, I said that I dont think its the Sox year.

But there is definitely a reason for the ownership to believe they have a shot.

It isn't 'their year' just like it isn't Kansas Citys year, or Torontos year, or Cincinnatis year...because they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Saying 'its just not our year' is what you say when you have a great team just having bad luck, injuries or bad breaks. This team is getting none of that, it's just a bad baseball team in a lot of areas.

Ownership believe they have a shot because Kenny as usual is delusional. Just like last year...went out traded for Jackson and plop...didn't win anyway, because the Twins were better...just like the Tigers are better this year.

And relying on trash like Rios is all the evidence I need...

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
lol what?

Humber not going 5 innings was the culprit last night. And Boston has a good offensive team, you knew they would try and wear him down to get at him.

Humber really didn't get hit that hard. Two infield singles, pretty bad defense/shoddy play behind him. AJ having ZERO ability to control the running game. He did get a bit rattled, but hey, it's the Red Sox. He'll learn over time.

That's the one encouraging thing. He watched the video of his performance and was actually pleased with his pitch execution and location. Just that a lot of the breaks he'd been getting the first 3 months have started going against him now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
This offense is very bad. Greg Walker should be gone and the team should be retooling a bit.

This really is frustrating right now. Sadly, you know if Ozzie returns next year, then Walker will be back as well. I do have a feeling that in 10 days, we'll be trying to trade anyone and everyone through the waiver wire.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Humber really didn't get hit that hard. Two infield singles, pretty bad defense/shoddy play behind him. AJ having ZERO ability to control the running game. He did get a bit rattled, but hey, it's the Red Sox. He'll learn over time.

That's the one encouraging thing. He watched the video of his performance and was actually pleased with his pitch execution and location. Just that a lot of the breaks he'd been getting the first 3 months have started going against him now.

I'm not panicking. I thought Humber had nice looking stuff yesterday and was rolling till the Red Sox got some bleeders and Boston, who has a deep offesne, was able to make things happen.