Ozzie Moving to Bucktown?

Buehrlesque

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
I wouldn't trust myself in such a spot.

Why? It's just a game.

Have a drink with him; talk about good times of 05 and bad times of 11.

I'm sure after a few drinks he'd let you know what he really thinks of Rios/Dunn/Kenny. Well, maybe not.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but apparently Ozzie just bought a $1.95 mil, 6,000 sq.ft. house in Bucktown. (Nothing compared to Paulie's 16,000 sq.ft. house in Scottsdale, I'm sure.)

First of all, weird to think of Ozzie living there. Secondly, does this have any affect on his future with the Sox?

Some thought PK would become a Diamondback because he has a house in AZ. If by chance they become broke, it's better to have real estate as an asset than trying to auction of personal memorabilia.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
I met Ozzie on Thursday at Rosemont. He was super cool. He may suck as a manager but he's always been a good person. It's too bad Oney doesn't follow in his dad's footsteps.

I don't know why you guys think he sucks as a manager.

People act like these managers actually are all that different.

My only beef with Ozzie is he likes the bunt and his players can't bunt. Now I normally blame the players for failures. But it seems like he should take the blame for not making them work on bunting enough. s***, how long would it take to work with each individual guy on bunting until they have a clue on how to do it?

Other than that ... I don't see the problem. I still don't blame him for playing Rios/Dunn even though Kenny gave his 'OK' for Ozzie to bench them.

I mean cmon. Guys that make that kind of money don't sit the bench for long. They just don't.

My only other beef with Oz is he could bat Rios/Dunn maybe seventh and eighth, but they still would be in the lineup and that means they still get 4 at bats a night.

Scioscia has a TON of detractors out on the West Coast, including most of the media and quite a few former players. You don't often hear that about Joe Maddon, but he needs to have another 5 years under his belt before he can claim the title of "game's best manager."

Napoli was frequently criticized for his receiving skills while playing for Mike Scioscia, who was one of the top defensive catchers when he played, but is flourishing under Ron Washington. While being ultraproductive as a hitter (1.004 OPS entering the weekend), Napoli has become a favorite target for Texas pitchers. His 2.37 catcher's ERA was the lowest among major-leaguers with at least 250 innings caught.

"I always felt like I was looking over my shoulder to see if I was doing things right," Napoli told the Dallas Morning News. "I had 'bad hands.' I was so worried about my setup and the mechanics all the time. I learned a lot. I learned a lot of what I do there, but playing there just wasn't much fun.''

When Napoli was acquired, the plan was to use him at first base and DH, but he's getting more time behind the plate than he was early in the season. "`I feel like I know the game and I've got good game plans," Napoli said. "I think the pitchers see that and trust that."

Phil Rogers/Tribune