An Open Letter to the White Sox

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
You think that sucks...

I'm outside the CSN viewing audience (can't get CSN with cable) but inside the national blackout area (can't watch it on ESPN/MLB Network when it's a national broadcast either).

MLB blackout is the dumbest thing ever/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
thank you, this crap pisses me off, the Reds are a lot closer to Indy, I have Comcast Cable and I can't even get CSN, wtf? Anytime they are on ESPN they are blackedout....

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
You think that sucks...

I'm outside the CSN viewing audience (can't get CSN with cable) but inside the national blackout area (can't watch it on ESPN/MLB Network when it's a national broadcast either).

:unsure:

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
How many more wins would we have if Dunn batted 9th and never against lefties? Zip.

He has what, 3 hits against lefties this year? I would think that if you put just about any other player on the team in that spot they would have more than 3 hits. Some would come with RISP, which would lead to more runs scored which would probably lead to more wins.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
That's possible. But when your team is sucking ass why s*** on the fans? We're angry enough with the play on the field and now we have to hear this pompous tool talk down to us? Totally unacceptable.

I know it sounds completely unfounded and flies in the face of all evidence to the contrary, but I still think we're going to win this division and go deep in the playoffs.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
I know it sounds completely unfounded and flies in the face of all evidence to the contrary, but I still think we're going to win this division and go deep in the playoffs.

Wow.

How could you think that?

You think teams can just turn it on after four lousy months and one week?

It's too late for this team to rediscover itself, even if Dayan ever comes up. This ship has sailed. Might as well wait til next April for Dayan.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Is there any other manager in baseball who routinely calls the fans idiots?

Ozzie thinks I'm an idiot because I don't think Dunn should be batting 4th. I think its fair. I think he's an idiot for continuing to put him either 3rd or 4th. When the season is over, I'll even let Greg evaluate who was more correct, making the other the bigger idiot.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Wow.

How could you think that?

You think teams can just turn it on after four lousy months and one week?

It's too late for this team to rediscover itself, even if Dayan ever comes up. This ship has sailed. Might as well wait til next April for Dayan.

because it's a weak division and this team hasn't put together a run yet and even bad bad teams (see Cubs) go on a run. And I like our pitching staff (which would allow us to go deep). I'm not saying it's going to happen but I have no doubts whatsoever it could if this team could ever, someway somehow, get its everlasting s*** together.

Ozzie certainly went with the non-traditional approach of using Sale to get the save tonight.

We all would have complained if Sale gave up the lead and Sergio didn't get into the game (let's say it was a walkoff)....but he definitely played the percentages against Mauer and Kubel.

Too bad Thornton doesn't have (and never will) that nasty slider of Chris'.

And it would be nice if he told Carlos it's not too classy to look at the scoreboard so obviously on a play that SHOULD have been a double play ball and out of the inning had Nishioka made a decent throw to the bag. Carlos, do you really think any official scorer's going to give you a hit on that one?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
There is no guarantee that we will.

Exactly. We've been waiting for that "run" for months now. With so many black holes in the lineup, the pitching will have to be near perfect for any legit winning streak to occur.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
You are correct, no guarantee at all. But it's the 1st week of August. You honestly don't think the Sox can make up 6.5 games in 2 months?

Can I answer?...no way.

There are 51 games left for us, and the Tigers have 50. So let's be specific, and not just say two months. It's less than 8 weeks of games.

The Sox are 5 under .500, and the few times they've gotten to .500 since April, they lose a few in a row. They haven't been over .500 since April 15th.

The Tigers added Fister and Pauley, and that will help them. They have an ace named Justin Verlander. They have an easy schedule the rest of the way. They are the only team in the division currently over .500.

I don't know how many games the Tigers will win or how many they'll end up winning it by, but I predict they'll clinch the division with at least a week left in the season.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
You are correct, no guarantee at all. But it's the 1st week of August. You honestly don't think the Sox can make up 6.5 games in 2 months?

I could stop drinking for a month. But the chances of that happening are pretty astronomical. You talk as if this team deserves some benefit of the doubt. Sure, if you want to stay positive and have hope until the end, have at it. But there's really nothing to support your faith other then being a White Sox fan and not wanting to give up until they're mathematically eliminated. Which I don't have a problem with.

Edited by Jordan4life

Every time we win a game somebody expresses hope we can win the division.

And we rarely win a game.

Nothing wrong with optimism but s***, the Sox were due to win a game after dropping six in a row.

Team is going nowhere.

Even last night the horrible hitting continued with runners on base.

seriously, the only team to make a dash has been the Indians and they did it early and they've hung on thanks to some ridiculous 9th inning comebacks. So maybe that's how this division will play out, DET will continue to slowly pull away thanks to those awesome game-changing additions you mentioned, Flavum, and the rest will continue to toil at a .500 pace. Or the kitties could go on a big-time run and just lap the rest of the field and cruise into the playoffs. Don't see that happening with their staff, but possible, no doubt. I don't think Ubaldo is the game changer the tribe wants him to be and I don't think the Twins have the makings to go on one of their patented pushes.

So that leaves the Chicago White Sox. Prior to them getting pummeled by the two top teams in the league last week, our forecast was at the very least "partly sunny." An absolute beat down in 4 games does not, imo, mean the season is over.

Jordan, you say I have no reason to give this team the benefit of the doubt and I disagree with that because of the way they were playing prior to the BOS-NYY massacre. Eight days ago this team was 52-52, 2 games out in the loss column. It's going to take more than 8 days to get back to that position, since DET only plays the As, Rays and Orioles outside of the division for the rest of the season. Maybe CQ goes on an '08 tear and puts this team on his shoulders, sparks the offense and we make up ground.

And don't forget we have 6 more games against these guys. Why can't we be 3 back going into that last series in Chicago from 9/12-9/14? That's something to root for, to still have a chance when that series comes around.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
seriously, the only team to make a dash has been the Indians and they did it early and they've hung on thanks to some ridiculous 9th inning comebacks. So maybe that's how this division will play out, DET will continue to slowly pull away thanks to those awesome game-changing additions you mentioned, Flavum, and the rest will continue to toil at a .500 pace. Or the kitties could go on a big-time run and just lap the rest of the field and cruise into the playoffs. Don't see that happening with their staff, but possible, no doubt. I don't think Ubaldo is the game changer the tribe wants him to be and I don't think the Twins have the makings to go on one of their patented pushes.

So that leaves the Chicago White Sox. Prior to them getting pummeled by the two top teams in the league last week, our forecast was at the very least "partly sunny." An absolute beat down in 4 games does not, imo, mean the season is over.

Jordan, you say I have no reason to give this team the benefit of the doubt and I disagree with that because of the way they were playing prior to the BOS-NYY massacre. Eight days ago this team was 52-52, 2 games out in the loss column. It's going to take more than 8 days to get back to that position, since DET only plays the As, Rays and Orioles outside of the division for the rest of the season. Maybe CQ goes on an '08 tear and puts this team on his shoulders, sparks the offense and we make up ground.

And don't forget we have 6 more games against these guys. Why can't we be 3 back going into that last series in Chicago from 9/12-9/14? That's something to root for, to still have a chance when that series comes around.

Same thing. Your hope comes from the fact we still have a bunch of games left within the division. Now what's our record within the division the last three years? What's our second half record under Ozzie since he's been here? What's our longest winning streak of the season this year? 4 games?