8/6 gamethread

JoshPR

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
I pretty much think everything said in this post is a bad idea.

Hahahaha well I think trading Floyd away saves money which can be used to somehow extend Danks. Otherwise I am not quite sure how bad of an idea this is, would like to hear ur thoughts.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Hahahaha well I think trading Floyd away saves money which can be used to somehow extend Danks. Otherwise I am not quite sure how bad of an idea this is, would like to hear ur thoughts.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that extending D1 is impossible, unless we want to pay him into the $100 million range. Once you realize that, it forces some of your decisions. Peavy, Sale, Humber, and Floyd are the starting points, then you have Stewart now as an option and Buehrle if you have the money to bring him back, and any P you get back by trading Danks or Quentin.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
I think it's pretty clear at this point that extending D1 is impossible, unless we want to pay him into the $100 million range. Once you realize that, it forces some of your decisions. Peavy, Sale, Humber, and Floyd are the starting points, then you have Stewart now as an option and Buehrle if you have the money to bring him back, and any P you get back by trading Danks or Quentin.

Why is Danks gonna get that much money. He hasn't been that type of money... he's good no doubt but not a type of pitcher that gets 15 million or something.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
He's not an elite type of pitcher, Era is around 3.7. When Buerhle and Peavy got those type of contracts they were a class beyond Danks.

Buehrle? Really, no. That's just about where Buehrle was.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Buehrle? Really, no. That's just about where Buehrle was.

Well Buerhle had a hell of a 2005, 3X allstar and a World Series Ring under his belt when he signed the extension. Danks has nothing, just a career under .500 pitcher (yea I know bad 1st year, but still). I just don't see how Danks would earn Buerhle type of money.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Well Buerhle had a hell of a 2005, 3X allstar and a World Series Ring under his belt when he signed the extension. Danks has nothing, just a career under .500 pitcher (yea I know bad 1st year, but still). I just don't see how Danks would earn Buerhle type of money.

Take a look at John Lackey's contract. 5 years, $82 mil. He had a career ERA of 3.80, pitching in a better pitchers park than Chicago (Anaheim), he's a righty while Danks is a lefty, and Danks is going to hit free agency 3 years younger than Lackey.