WS WINNA!

knightni

We're going to have to go through the next 8 games and only lose one, no more than 2.

Then we might be within 3 or maybe 4 games back if we're lucky.

At least we're putting the Twins out of their misery. There's that. The Twins have made a ton of uncharacteristic defensive mistakes these first 2 games.

Stewart looked great, the strikeout of Mauer was huge and Frasor getting out of the 8th by acing Valencia with the fb on the inside corner.

Double play to get out of the 6th with the 2-1 lead was probably the play of the game.

Looks like Rios will start again tmrw with his 3 hits, unless Ozzie gives Lillibridge the start against Duensing (or maybe rests Pierre). Probably see Morel or Beckham out of the line-up (for Vizquel) as well as Flowers in, possibly. Please God, no more Adam Dunn at 1B, thanks Ozzie.

Still don't like Alexei hitting with RISP. Nice to see the runs off Nathan, though. Felt happy for the Stealth Elf and Santos didn't mess around and give the Twins some encouragement heading into tomorrow's game.

Edited by caulfield12

Do those of you who asserted that de Aza was a AAAA player have a little different assessment yet?

I love his hustle and the tools he brings to the game. He has always struck me as a guy who could play, if given a chance.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Do those of you who asserted that de Aza was a AAAA player have a little different assessment yet?

I love his hustle and the tools he brings to the game. He has always struck me as a guy who could play, if given a chance.

No. I still don't believe in De Aza. He is a perfectly capable 4th OF, and I'd like him to stay there, but I'd never want him in a starting position if I could help it.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:10 AM)
too bad detroit keeps winning or we could climb back in this :(

That's cause they know how to beat s***ty KC. Valverde is 8-8 this year in save opps vs. KC.

The great:

Sox pitching was awesome. Everybody has to be excited about Stewart.

Paulie, Lilly, Lexi, Pierre scores two runs and is hitting .279, Rios with 3 hits somehow, DeAza with another hit and run scored, Morel a hit and a walk.

The bad: Dunn three more Ks and down to .163; Beckham now at .245.

Would like to see Oz sit Rios Sunday and play DeAza and CQ both. Unfortunately I smell Rios playing every day again thanks to his three hits.

DeAza MUST PLAY!!!

9-4 against the Central in the 2nd half is surprising. 6-2 against the teams in front of them with 28 straight against the Central at the end of the month and almost all of September...

I still hate this team, but watching the damn MLB Network Prime 9 about Best Comebacks most of which involved being like 10 games out in mid-August and winning the divsion...Dammit....

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:15 AM)
Stewart looked good for those of you who couldn't believe it when I suggested he be the 5th starter the rest of the year. He'll have his ups and downs but I wanted to try and dump Peavy and his salary at the trade deadline.

It would be great if he and Humber pitch well the rest of the way.

They would really soothe the pain of losing guys like Gio and Hudson.

I mean if those 2 are for real, we have that much less to b**** about going forward.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
No. I still don't believe in De Aza. He is a perfectly capable 4th OF, and I'd like him to stay there, but I'd never want him in a starting position if I could help it.

Well, I suspect de Aza will be the lead off hitter next year, replacing Pierre. I sure hope so, at least vs. RHP.

He can do a lot more things than Juan.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Stewart looked good for those of you who couldn't believe it when I suggested he be the 5th starter the rest of the year. He'll have his ups and downs but I wanted to try and dump Peavy and his salary at the trade deadline.

How exactly do we dump him? Who would take him?

We're better off pulling for him to excel here.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
How exactly do we dump him? Who would take him?

We're better off pulling for him to excel here.

I made a trade proposal . It's around in one of those trade winds threads. It was a clear win for the Sox though in terms of getting back talent and salary relief . It was a blockbuster with TX.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Well, I suspect de Aza will be the lead off hitter next year, replacing Pierre. I sure hope so, at least vs. RHP.

He can do a lot more things than Juan.

i don't see why people keep ripping pierre as much as they do. he has at the very least been serviceable and is probably our fourth best hitter at this point (although thats not saying much). hell, he has the third highest obp on the team. and while his defense isn't great, it's definitely not horrendous either.

this is not saying i would want him back next year though

Edited by South Paw

QUOTE (South Paw @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
i don't see why people keep ripping pierre as much as they do. he has at the very least been serviceable and is probably our fourth best hitter at this point (although thats not saying much). hell, he has the third highest obp on the team. and while his defense isn't great, it's definitely not horrendous either.

this is not saying i would want him back next year though

I don't want him back either, but he's been the least of our problems since April.

He made a couple errors in April and that was it for Juan in many people's eyes.

The guy is hitting .279.

Post of the Day from startribune.com sports

"While we loyal fans get fleeced to the tune of $168.00 per case of beer, $56.00 per pound of hot dogs and whatever else overpriced food and beverage we purchase, plus the ticket for the game, I think we should get a little more entertainment for that much $$$$$. When the between inning video board is the highlight of the target field experience , I scratch my head in wonder. Oh Berts California math tells me our favorite Joe made approx $400,000.00 for his 4 at bats tonight. Instead of trying to book a concert the twins should book a rodeo, with all the b.s. thrown about by the manager, and management they should fit in nicely. Does anybody know if there is any decention in the clubhouse with Gardy and Joe hawking different dairys? With Slowey probably coming back, doesn' that give the guys another Guitar for there kumbayah campfire singalong. I'd like to comment on the baseball but haven't seen much in the last week."