Brent Morel

VAfan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brent morel has adapted and succeeded at every level in his professional career so far. while this doesn't guarantee success, there's nothing to point to and say he's clearly overmatched and will never make it on the big stage. turns out it's the major leagues and takes a little time, it's a good thing brent seems to always take the right approach and does whatever it takes to make himself better. (except take a walk, but there's always next year)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
With Adam Dunn and Alex Rios and Gordon Beckham and Brent Morel putting up OPS numbers in the .600's, yeah, that's a rotation capable of winning 72-78 games...I think they certainly could do better, but they are young.

We need some offense from the guys we currently have. We've already blown our money on that offense. If it doesn't perform, then we're SOL either way...we don't have the money to blow on a pitching staff upgrade from this season.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I don't see how this team competes unless the names mentioned (sans Morel) produce at a level they have in the past. If Dunn and Rios continue their historic awfulness, this team will struggle. JR is not Hank Steinbrenner and we can't cover up our FA mistakes like the Yankees can.

I was optimistic this year, and unless the Twins/Tigers/Indians significantly improve in the offseason I will be optimistic going into next season. I mean, Dunn is going to change his offseason work out plan. . . that should fix everything.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
He hit 16 in 2009, and 13 in 2010. I think he is completely capable of hitting 15 HR. 20 may be his max.

This I know but I really can't see his swing translating to anything more than 15 hr's in the Majors. Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:25 AM)
This I know but I really can't see his swing translating to anything more than 15 hr's in the Majors. Hope I'm wrong.

I see no problem with him being a 10-15 hr guy, but I'd really like to see more 2b out of him as well.

If he can get himself somewhere long term in the .750-.800 ops range we all should smile.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:42 AM)
Quite frankly, we should be close to elated with a 675-725 out of either Morel or Beckham at this point.

With Morel, yeah, because he's a rookie and not nearly as talented.

I'd still be annoyed with that from Beckham.