Time to dump Thornton at waiver deadline

macsandz

I'd be pretty surprised if he's not traded to a high payroll team this winter for a small return in order to save us some money. I don't see why moving him now would be smart. You'll get even less for him, and the team is in the race. Matt's obviously not in the same galaxy as he used to be, but I can see why the team would think he can contribute a little down the stretch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
I don't know who this Kate Upton is, but I'm sure as f*** about to find out.

As far as the subject of this thread goes.... wait,

What were you guys talking about? All I remember is this Kate Upton chick doing the Dougie. Was the original subject even important?

Big ass real titties

Not usually a fan of the blonde/silicone looks, but she's cute.

And she has a big personality. Would much rather have watched her than Rosie what's her name in Transformers.

She reminds me of a lot of the women you meet in Colombia, Venezuela and Argentina.

But obviously not Latina.

BACK TO WHITE SOX, don't stop now, boys!

I still advocate keeping Thorton and see what Sale has as far as starter material next year. He might be a perfect 6th starter depending on how the rotation (Winter Meetings) shakes out. It is still quite possible either one of Danks/Floyd get moved in favor of trying to get more innings/starts next year for Zach Stewart and Sale. Plus if Buerhle is re-signed then you have an anchor for the staff again. All big ifs.

Kate Upton is a better promotional draw for the White Sox going forward than Dunn, Rios or Beckham.

Unfortunately.

I just talked to one of my best friends who is almost as big a White Sox fan as I am (lives in Jackson, MI) and he hasn't watched or listened to a game in months. Seems like there are a lot of cases like that after the last 3 seasons.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
I'd be pretty surprised if he's not traded to a high payroll team this winter for a small return in order to save us some money. I don't see why moving him now would be smart. You'll get even less for him, and the team is in the race. Matt's obviously not in the same galaxy as he used to be, but I can see why the team would think he can contribute a little down the stretch.

I don't think that is a good idea or will happen. If they decide to trade Matt it would most likely be over the winter and for a good return. He is still a qulaity pitcher and lefty releivers throwing 96 plus are in demand

I don't think that is a good idea or will happen. If they decide to trade Matt it would most likely be over the winter and for a good return. He is still a qulaity pitcher and lefty releivers throwing 96 plus are in demand

Sale will be in demand!! :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting