61 members have voted

1. 1. More homers

• Adam Dunn
    • Brent Lillibridge

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
And we have, what, 4 more years of Done? This could go down as the worst signing in the history of the White Sox.

It already is the worst signing in the history of the Sox.

Those that hated Kotsay can say the same thing about Dunn. The team was hot and last night he could have helped bail us out and he goes 0-4 ... again.

We can't win a division with that guy playing every day and he's gonna play about every day.

f***.

You know what would really impress me?

If Dunn was truly committed enough to go play in a winter league somewhere to try to find his stroke.

Part of me wonders if getting away from the game for a while might be the best thing for him though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
It already is the worst signing in the history of the Sox.

Those that hated Kotsay can say the same thing about Dunn. The team was hot and last night he could have helped bail us out and he goes 0-4 ... again.

We can't win a division with that guy playing every day and he's gonna play about every day.

f***.

This is where Ozzie has to grow some balls and tell Dunn he needs to get his head outta his ass and send him down to the minors to work on his game or flat out sit his ass.Done is just brutal and he's killing us.DL him, send him to Mars, I don't know, just get him the hell away from this team!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
This is where Ozzie has to grow some balls and tell Dunn he needs to get his head outta his ass and send him down to the minors to work on his game or flat out sit his ass.Done is just brutal and he's killing us.DL him, send him to Mars, I don't know, just get him the hell away from this team!

He's definitely not helping our team's push toward .500.

I think we'd all be 100 percent happy to see him sent to the minors or given the rest of the year off, but that can't and won't happen.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)

Dunn can't be sent down without his OK and that probably isn't very likely.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/with-163-...idered-a,21121/

CHICAGO—After his batting average slumped to a historically low .163 this week, White Sox DH Adam Dunn received an official notice from Major League Baseball Thursday informing him that he no longer met the minimum requirements to be labeled an official baseball player. "He's certainly allowed to continue playing baseball, but he cannot legally refer to himself as a 'baseball player,'" an MLB spokesperson said in a statement, adding that Dunn would now be called what the league refers to as a ‘baseball participant.’ “We are confident Adam will eventually regain his abilities. For now, however, we think it's best to disassociate his horrible hitting from the great game of baseball." When asked for comment, Dunn expressed relief and claimed that joining the ranks of players like Mike Cameron and Jorge Posada would at least take some pressure off of him.

Just messing with some stats here...

If Lillibridge had gotten the same number of ABs as Dunn so far, he would have hit 25 HRs. That's not taking into account Lillibomb's ability to be an everyday player, but it really is a statement of how bad Dunn has been.

I voted Dunn earlier and estimated 18 for Dunn and 12 for Lillibridge. Now I'm thinking they might actually end up tied, somewhere around 15.