Who will finish with more bombs?

TitoMB345

Homerun Challenge  

61 members have voted

1. 1. More homers

• Adam Dunn
    • Brent Lillibridge

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
Do people really think Dunn will hit another home all year?

I wouldn't even bet that he can make enough contact to get a ball out of the IF. It's one thing to be like Rios, make contact and not be able to drive the ball. It's another to be like Dunn and miss the ball by a foot on 75% of your swings. I've never seen anything like it, in any sport. It's the equivalent of Reggie Miller airballing half of his 3's. It's insane.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
I wouldn't even bet that he can make enough contact to get a ball out of the IF. It's one thing to be like Rios, make contact and not be able to drive the ball. It's another to be like Dunn and miss the ball by a foot on 75% of your swings. I've never seen anything like it, in any sport. It's the equivalent of Reggie Miller airballing half of his 3's. It's insane.

more like 80% of those 3's

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 06:45 AM)

Yeah but the offseason magically will turn him around and we're going to have to hear about how great he's going to be next season.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
I'm sure we'll hear stories on how he's the "best shape in his life" in ST

QFT

Of course, Dunn could probably eat a bad burrito, spend an hour or two on the throne, and lose just enough weight to be in "the best shape of his life" right now.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
QFT

Of course, Dunn could probably eat a bad burrito, spend an hour or two on the throne, and lose just enough weight to be in "the best shape of his life" right now.

Of course, no one has been able to back this up the whole season despite people being repeatedly asked.

Look at Adam Dunn the previous 5 years or so. He's no heavier now than he was then. No one was calling him fat on opening day. Maybe the problem is his conditioning and that he hasn't addressed it most of his career and it finally caught up to him. We can only hope its that or something else that is correctable during the offseason or you're looking at a guy the Sox may have to release to get better. There is no reason to keep someone that is performing like Dunn on a roster unless there is some hope he will get better. There's no way the Sox will go through this entire contract allowing him to take a roster spot if he doesn't improve.

Edited by Dick Allen

back up what? His bad overall fitness? Nobody but dunn would be able to back it up. All i see is a large man who looks pretty damn slow swinging the bat, and has all season long. Considering he is one of the more renowned sluggers of he past 10 years, it is mighty strange that he signs a large contract, goes about his business of not swinging the bat all offseason and now has one of the historically worst seasons hitting.

Nobody has to back up anything IMO. The proof is right in front of your face

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
back up what? His bad overall fitness? Nobody but dunn would be able to back it up. All i see is a large man who looks pretty damn slow swinging the bat, and has all season long. Considering he is one of the more renowned sluggers of he past 10 years, it is mighty strange that he signs a large contract, goes about his business of not swinging the bat all offseason and now has one of the historically worst seasons hitting.

Good lord this was outstanding.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
Look at Adam Dunn the previous 5 years or so. He's no heavier now than he was then. No one was calling him fat on opening day. Maybe the problem is his conditioning and that he hasn't addressed it most of his career and it finally caught up to him. We can only hope its that or something else that is correctable during the offseason or you're looking at a guy the Sox may have to release to get better. There is no reason to keep someone that is performing like Dunn on a roster unless there is some hope he will get better. There's no way the Sox will go through this entire contract allowing him to take a roster spot if he doesn't improve.

I hope you're right.

hard to see The Chairman swallowing $42 million down the drain.

think of Adam Dunn every time you pay an extra buck to park or buy hot dog.

No way he hits 15 hrs this year. With Lilli passing him in HRs and Dayan promoted, he's going to get more of what he has earned: Time on the bench.