The Toronto Cheat Jays?

ChiSox_Sonix

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
That's surprising to me. I don't doubt what you say, I just didn't think Thornton had that type of personality. I thought he was kind of a p****.

Oh no. He's not close to that. First class prick on the field.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Remember the "Houston we have a problem" signs Sox fans were sporting during the World Series? I seriously wanted to hurt myself.

Posts like this make me seriously question how much of a White Sox fan you are J4L. And it takes a lot for me to say something like that to you, but I have never seen a fan s*** on the organization that he/she is supposed to enjoy as much as you have this season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Posts like this make me seriously question how much of a White Sox fan you are J4L. And it takes a lot for me to say something like that to you, but I have never seen a fan s*** on the organization that he/she is supposed to enjoy as much as you have this season.

We were talking about lack of creativity, no? I wasn't even talking about the team in that post. And for the record, I think I've been pretty tame. I was much worse during the offseason.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
Indians GM wins Executive of the Year running away if they manage to take the division.

Still probably will win, like Hart did in 2005 despite the Sox winning it all.

Or the guy in Arizona, Byrnes.

'Byrnes was fired, Kevin Towers is the GM.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
Indians GM wins Executive of the Year running away if they manage to take the division.

Still probably will win, like Hart did in 2005 despite the Sox winning it all.

Or the guy in Arizona, Byrnes.

I thought the guy in Toronto had it locked up every year from here on out?

Jays Unlikely To Sign First Rounder Beede?

By Dan Mennella [August 11 at 8:22pm CST]

It's "nearly certain" that the Blue Jays will not sign first rounder Tyler Beede, a right-handed high school pitcher out of Massachussets and the 21st overall pick, who will instead honor his commitment to Vanderbilt, a source tells Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com.

Beede was expected to be a tough sign, according to Mayo, and was considered an aggressive selection at No. 21 overall. If the Jays do not sign Beede, he would not be eligible for the draft again till 2014, and Toronto would receive a compensation selection in next year's draft, the 22nd overall pick.

A source tells Jim Callis of Baseball America that the situation is "not that dire" (Twitter link), while Keith Law of ESPN.com wonders (via Twitter) whether this is a ploy by Toronto to thwart an MLB investigation, as the Jays were suspected of having an illegal pre-draft agreement in place with Beede.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 05:17 AM)
Jays Unlikely To Sign First Rounder Beede?

By Dan Mennella [August 11 at 8:22pm CST]

It's "nearly certain" that the Blue Jays will not sign first rounder Tyler Beede, a right-handed high school pitcher out of Massachussets and the 21st overall pick, who will instead honor his commitment to Vanderbilt, a source tells Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com.

Beede was expected to be a tough sign, according to Mayo, and was considered an aggressive selection at No. 21 overall. If the Jays do not sign Beede, he would not be eligible for the draft again till 2014, and Toronto would receive a compensation selection in next year's draft, the 22nd overall pick.

A source tells Jim Callis of Baseball America that the situation is "not that dire" (Twitter link), while Keith Law of ESPN.com wonders (via Twitter) whether this is a ploy by Toronto to thwart an MLB investigation, as the Jays were suspected of having an illegal pre-draft agreement in place with Beede.

This is impossible. The best GM in the known history of the entire universe would never be involved in such a practice