Sox vs. Royals

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
I was wondering this question earlier: Is Dunn having the worst season in modern day professional sports history for an established player?

I don't think a player who had been that good for that long and was still in his prime years has ever had a worse season in any sport than Dunn. When I typed Adam Dunn on google, the first suggested result was "sucks". If you had told me that would happen even 6 months ago, I'd have laughed hysterically at you.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Just saw where Zambrano "retired" tonight

He'll take a look at the money he's still due the rest of this year and next year and change his mind in a hurry. This ends the myth he's "cured" of his temper problems though. As if anybody ever bought that anyways.

Please put Thornton through waivers tomorrow.

Maybe nobody will make a claim and we can dump that contract.

Doubtful, though.

And the worst news might still be coming in if AJ's out for an extended period of time. We've been so lucky with our health as a team this year, compared to the Indians and Twins especially.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
Please put Thornton through waivers tomorrow.

Maybe nobody will make a claim and we can dump that contract.

Doubtful, though.

And the worst news might still be coming in if AJ's out for an extended period of time. We've been so lucky with our health as a team this year, compared to the Indians and Twins especially.

I do love AJ, but who cares?

Let Flowers catch. And bring up whoever is next in line on the depth chart.

And I mean AJ no harm. He's had a great year, but with our team and home record it don't matter.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
7 out by the end of the weekend.

We can't be that lucky. 5 or 6 GB. Still a glimmer of hope, especially with the Indians coming to town (well, better than going there) and our record against them.

Which is due to even out, and soon.