Dunn

DetroitSoxDog

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MotownSox @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
The White Sox need to keep the HEAT on Detroit! Would it be best to send Adam Dunn back to the MINORS to concentrate on HITTING and not hurt the team's chances?

It'd certainly be nice since he brings nothing to the bench, but he'd have to accept a demotion... I think. Where are our capologists?

QUOTE (MotownSox @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
The White Sox need to keep the HEAT on Detroit! Would it be best to send Adam Dunn back to the MINORS to concentrate on HITTING and not hurt the team's chances?

This has been brought up before and it just isn't possible and/or going to happen

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
It'd certainly be nice since he brings nothing to the bench, but he'd have to accept a demotion... I think. Where are our capologists?

This is true. He would have to accept it. A more realistic scenario is an "injury" coming up of some sort, with a rehab stint. The team isn't going just send him to the minors.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
It's going to be a long offseason and next spring training with the Sox saying how good Dunn looks and how this year was a fluke, etc., and he's expected to return to 40 plus homers.

He ain't getting any younger.

He's also not that old.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)

Dunn's service time prevents Sox from sending him to minors.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
It's going to be a long offseason and next spring training with the Sox saying how good Dunn looks and how this year was a fluke, etc., and he's expected to return to 40 plus homers.

He ain't getting any younger.

off season? Heck we are hearing that now. Earlier in the year they were saying how he would catch on fire in the second half. Now we are haoing for a combo of 40 walks and singles. I keep holding out the hope that maybe for the last 30 games or so he finds it and hits a bunch of homers and drives in runs. Every at bat is a let down. But, I am sure no one is feeling it worse than Dunn. He must be devastated