Dunn

DetroitSoxDog

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
Adma Dunn got two singles last night. That's not bad except we haven't seen an extra base hit or RBI in awhile. But maybe he is starting to make contact with the ball now adn not the air.

I refuse to dislike Adam Dunn like some fans. He could be a real asshole like some athletes are when having poor years but he's willing to talk with the media and seems humble about it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 03:04 AM)
I refuse to dislike Adam Dunn like some fans. He could be a real asshole like some athletes are when having poor years but he's willing to talk with the media and seems humble about it.

Well you are a good fan.

He sickens most of us.

The SOX refuse to send DUNN to the MINORS for a few weeks to focus on BATTING. The Tigers sent Inge down for 3-4 weeks because he was batting .180. While in the minors he batted .300-.400 and hit many home runs. He came back in last night's Tiger/Cleveland game and hit a home run and double! The SOX cannot continue to jeopardize their pennant chances with too few games remaining. DUNN cannot consistenly be in the lineup!!!!!

QUOTE (MotownSox @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 06:10 AM)
The SOX refuse to send DUNN to the MINORS for a few weeks to focus on BATTING. The Tigers sent Inge down for 3-4 weeks because he was batting .180. While in the minors he batted .300-.400 and hit many home runs. He came back in last night's Tiger/Cleveland game and hit a home run and double! The SOX cannot continue to jeopardize their pennant chances with too few games remaining. DUNN cannot consistenly be in the lineup!!!!!

Please read below:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
It'd certainly be nice since he brings nothing to the bench, but he'd have to accept a demotion... I think. Where are our capologists?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
This has been brought up before and it just isn't possible and/or going to happen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 08:00 AM)
This is true. He would have to accept it. A more realistic scenario is an "injury" coming up of some sort, with a rehab stint. The team isn't going just send him to the minors.

Then understand why:

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
Dunn's service time prevents Sox from sending him to minors.

Then continue to do this:

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 07:09 AM)
Please read below:

Then understand why:

Then continue to do this:

I like your collection of SOX hats - Any chance you know how to get a KELLY GREEN SOX T-SHIRT (Plain with the SOX logo)? They used to sell them on the sports attire sites last year but I can't find them. Can you advise?

QUOTE (MotownSox @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 07:14 AM)
I like your collection of SOX hats - Any chance you know how to get a KELLY GREEN SOX T-SHIRT (Plain with the SOX logo)? They used to sell them on the sports attire sites last year but I can't find them. Can you advise?

They're available at the custom T-shirt stand at games. Not sure about online retailers. Maybe they'll be more available soon with the Halfway to St. Patricks Day promotion coming up on Sept 9.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)

Yeah, Alex "awful at baseball and life" Rios.

I've wanted Dunn on the White Sox for a long time. Despite his s***ty year, I want him hitting 4th in 2012. 2011 can be succinctly attributed to mental issues.

QUOTE (MotownSox @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
The White Sox need to keep the HEAT on Detroit! Would it be best to send Adam Dunn back to the MINORS to concentrate on HITTING and not hurt the team's chances?

We've been over this 100,000,000,000,000 times.... DUNN can't be send down

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Yeah, Alex "awful at baseball and life" Rios.

I've wanted Dunn on the White Sox for a long time. Despite his s***ty year, I want him hitting 4th in 2012. 2011 can be succinctly attributed to mental issues.

Are you joking? It's not in green. Assuming you are serious, mental issues? WTF?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Are you joking? It's not in green. Assuming you are serious, mental issues? WTF?

Yes, he's probably going up scared or trying his hardest to not strike out...and that puts pressure on him and he can't just play baseball like it naturally came to him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 03:00 AM)
Yes, he's probably going up scared or trying his hardest to not strike out...and that puts pressure on him and he can't just play baseball like it naturally came to him.

So after stinking for an entire season and having the Sox throw this year's 14 million or whatever down the toilet, he'll magically start hitting next year just because it's April 3 of a new baseball season?

f*** Done and this mental crap. All we needed was a f***ing three week stretch of dominance from him at ANY point of the season. With that, we might still be in this thing. Look what Dan Uggla has done. He was just about as bad as Done a month ago and he's turned it around. Done came into this season fat and outta shape because his lard ass got paid. I don't feel sorry for him. No remorse. He's torpedoed this season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
f*** Done and this mental crap. All we needed was a f***ing three week stretch of dominance from him at ANY point of the season. With that, we might still be in this thing. Look what Dan Uggla has done. He was just about as bad as Done a month ago and he's turned it around. Done came into this season fat and outta shape because his lard ass got paid. I don't feel sorry for him. No remorse. He's torpedoed this season.

Yeah but s*** he took the cake.... I can see falling off and hitting .210 and 20/25 homers 65/70 RBI's , but this is something else

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
Dan Uggla's slashline on July 4th: .173/.241/.327/.568

Dan Uggla's slashline since July 4th: .341/.411/.707/1.117

That's all we needed from Done. Just a sustained stretch of dominance. He's the biggest failure in White Sox history.

The problem is we have to keep thinking about him for 3 more seasons cause until the contract runs out, there's always the chance he reverts to the old Dunn and some diehards will insist he's going to get it back.

Hopefully our fans won't bite this winter when we hear all the glowing reports of Dunn getting in shape; Dunn hitting off a tee; Dunn improving.

I would hope they won't buy season tickets until Dunn is removed from the roster. How can you pay thousands to watch that guy?? Just seeing him whiff and hit into DPs would have to ruin an otherwise enjoyable ballpark experience. I hate Rios as well, but at least Rios is still hitting over .200.

Dunn is an F.

Rios' grade is D to D-.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
You're replying to the wrong guy. The idea of sending Dunn to the minors is some chisox.com message board type stuff. We just need to get that out of here.

My point exactly. I know Jordan probably was kidding with me so I laughed back. And yes I sould ignore the troll, but sheesh it's tiresome reading the same sill thing over and over

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
My point exactly. I know Jordan probably was kidding with me so I laughed back. And yes I sould ignore the troll, but sheesh it's tiresome reading the same sill thing over and over

I've got your back. Fix the bad info, or it makes everyone look bad.