8/18 Game Thread: Indians @ White Sox, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
What are you basing either of those conclusions on?

Well captain arrogance, Rios played plus RF most of his career with the Blue Jays, while playing abysmal CF defense this year. I even remember somebody on the score saying that Rios said he feels more comfortable in RF, since it's his natural position.

You tell me, has Rios looked better than De Aza in CF to you?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Well captain arrogance, Rios played plus RF most of his career with the Blue Jays, while playing abysmal CF defense this year. I even remember somebody on the score saying that Rios said he feels more comfortable in RF, since it's his natural position.

I've only seen De Aza in CF in a game or two, and last night he was clearly playing way too deep on one play which made sure he had no chance to throw out a runner at home, and playing very deep is usually a weakness for an OF. Rios played RF most of his career with the Jays because they happened to have Vernon Wells in CF. And although Rios's CF performance has been admittedly lazy and down from last year, he was an average CF last year. So far, it's hard for me to say that it's blatantly obvious that De Aza is a defensive upgrade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Seriously, we're reshuffling the rotation now because of the powerful Cleveland lineup?

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)

1.) Great point. Cmon fathom, you pitch the guy whose turn it is to pitch. .500 teams don't need to shuffle anything. Just take the field and try to win.

2.) LOL at the captain arrogance. Good luck calling mod's captain arrogance around here. You may be in trouble. Good argument, though. I prefer DeAza in center over Rios cause IMO Rios is a dog.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
In a game of this magnitude and importance, we're once again screwing around with batting Dunn 4th, and Rios in the line-up instead of Quentin? I don't get it.

WHY IS DUNN BATTING CLEANUP! MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)

You need to cool it with the insults. Balta asked a perfectly mundane and reasonable question. If you can't handle that, you don't need to be on the board.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
Anytime Dunn is batting fourth you can't like our chances, especially at home.

I don't know how anybody could buy season tickets for next year knowing they'd have to watch that guy.

If you are a baseball fan, he could ruin your experience single handedly.

Ugh I just saw Omar is playing.

Sox make it tough to be a fan of this team with this personnel.

Hopefully, we can TRADE DUNN to the TIGERS!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
I did find it rather amazing how a team can go from 22 hits in 14 innings one night to 4 hits the next especially aganst a fellow with an ERA of almost 6.00. But, that's the the tail of the Sox this year I guess

This year?!?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
I watched on & off last night, so I must have missed those. Good to hear, hope he can look OK tonight.

#WhiteSox' Dunn batting .313 (10 for 32) against the #Indians this season and .149 (47 for 316) against every other team

With Dunn this year, stats don't mean crap. E.g.,one of the parks he has done the best or close to the best hitting is/was Wrigley. He was in the lineup in the NL games this year. How'd he do ?

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
With Dunn this year, stats don't mean crap. E.g.,one of the parks he has done the best or close to the best hitting is/was Wrigley. He was in the lineup in the NL games this year. How'd he do ?

I get your point about Wrigley, but it's just a quirk stat about THIS season and how bad it has been. He's hit .313 vs. CLE & .348 vs. the Angels. After that, it's .222 vs the Yankees & .200 vs. SEA. He hasn't .200 versus any other team. That's just hard to fathom until you look at his .164 average.

That was scary. Getting hit in the face with a line drive is damn frightening. I am so glad he appears to be OK.

I don't mean this to sound bad, but Humber is not the same guy he was the first half. He's going to get killed out there. I wonder if the Sox are going to have to shut him down.

How can a guy just simply lose it in mid August? His pitches are scary hittable right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
That was scary. Getting hit in the face with a line drive is damn frightening. I am so glad he appears to be OK.

I don't mean this to sound bad, but Humber is not the same guy he was the first half. He's going to get killed out there. I wonder if the Sox are going to have to shut him down.

How can a guy just simply lose it in mid August? His pitches are scary hittable right now.

I think the workload may have caught up to him. He really hasn't pitched all that much recent years. Who knows, maybe this little break is a blessing and the breather he needs to come back strong.