Winterizing U.S. Cellular Field Being Priced Out

Marty34

Maintenance guy I know on 35th told me his colleague was told today to price out the cost of getting the park ready to use during the winter. Bathrooms, etc ... I was thinking a college football, a Hawks game. He thought more long-term as a single event would not require much. Maybe Chairman Reinsdorf is bringing the Bills to town. :lol:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
Didn't Minnesota break that rule last year?

That would probably be regarded as an emergency exception to the rule. They really didnt have anywhere to play aside from Chicago, and Minnesota didnt want to hand the Bears another home game(as if it mattered anyways)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
That would probably be regarded as an emergency exception to the rule. They really didnt have anywhere to play aside from Chicago, and Minnesota didnt want to hand the Bears another home game(as if it mattered anyways)

If the field were declared unplayable, that would count in my book as an emergency.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
I would think the Bears would play at Northwestern in case of emergency.

Maybe if it was a sudden next-day emergency. But I still think they would try to go back to Champaign first, there is a big difference between 47k seats & 61k.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Wait, really? Northwestern doesn't have beer sales? Is that a school thing or an Evanston thing? Despite growing up 10-15 minutes from the the campus, I never went to a football game there.

No beer is allowed to be sold at any collegiate sports event. This rule was implemented a few years ago.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 01:47 AM)
You can sell beer at college sporting events. They are considering it at ISU, Iowa and UNI.

Yes. It is a team by team/conference by conference thing, but there is no general rule against it.

I think the Big 10's policy is no beer sales. That could be wrong, though.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
You can sell beer at college sporting events. They are considering it at ISU, Iowa and UNI.

I thought that encouraged inebriation was to insulate them from pondering their teetering sports program and the loss of Chizik to Auburn?

Actually, ISU will probably be better than UI in basketball at least.

But a lot of rumblings that ISU will be left out in the cold with the looming BIG 12 realignment or disappearance.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
I thought that encouraged inebriation was to insulate them from pondering their teetering sports program and the loss of Chizik to Auburn?

Actually, ISU will probably be better than UI in basketball at least.

But a lot of rumblings that ISU will be left out in the cold with the looming BIG 12 realignment or disappearance.

Haha, I love you, caulfield. I can always expect a ridiculous tangent in every one of your posts.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
Alcohol cannot be sold on campus at any collegiate sporting event.

U of Minn sold beer at Metrodome because it wasn't on campus and was a pro stadium.

We already sell beer in luxury boxes at our on-campus stadium.