Gamethread: White Sox vs Rangers

Kyyle23

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake, Jake, Jake....... Enough said.

Jake Peavy looked great for 3-2/3, then he imploded.

He had a no hitter, thru 3-2/3. Then he gave up a 2 out base hit to Michael Young. A double to Nelson Cruz followed. Next, Jake gave up a walk and then a game changing 3 run homer to Mitch Moreland. Suddenly a 3-0 White Sox lead, became a 4-3 Texas lead.

On the night, he gave up 3 homers (2 homers to Moreland) and 7 runs in 6 IP. The Rangers were able to score 7, on Jake, w just 6 hits.....thanks to the home runs.

Final Score: Texas 7, White Sox 4. Ouch.

Jake has the highest ERA of any White Sox starter. We've heard the excuses, he's coming off INJURY. His arm strength isn't up to par. But, if you go back and view his season log, his best performances were in May, right after he came back, from INJURY. He did have ONE, stellar, 8 inning, outing vs. the Twins, on Aug 7th. But, for the most part, since June, his starts have been 6 innings or less.

Jake Peavy, Alex Rios and Adam Dunn........3 big contracts................3 big UNDERperformors. Could the 3 underperformers, be the big reason why the White Sox can only play .500 baseball???.......it SURE LOOKS THAT WAY!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
Im at a loss. This team is a tease. There will be no good opening thoughts on this thread anyways, sooo f*** it.

Go White Sox. Try and Win. meh

Be prepared for another tease. I won't fall for it, but it's predictable -- by September 5th (immediately after a three game series against the Tigers) they'll be within 2 games. September isn't quite September without the White Sox falling apart at the hands of the Twins, and since the four game series will matter (unlike the one earlier in the month) they'll crap themselves.

This is why I didn't put hope in the team when they beat the Twins, the Orioles, or the Royals. Real competition makes us look bad, period.

But win anyways, I guess. At this point, we aren't getting a good draft pick, and Ozzie probably won't be fired. So meh.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Be prepared for another tease. I won't fall for it, but it's predictable -- by September 5th (immediately after a three game series against the Tigers) they'll be within 2 games. September isn't quite September without the White Sox falling apart at the hands of the Twins, and since the four game series will matter (unlike the one earlier in the month) they'll crap themselves.

I am prepared. It has happened all year without fail, why stop now?

Its Buehrle Bobble Head night, the only game I bought advance tickets for all year. With my luck, my son and I'll get skunked on the bobble, have to sit through two rain delays, and see the White Sox get shut out.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Jake, Jake, Jake....... Enough said.

Jake Peavy looked great for 3-2/3, then he imploded.

He had a no hitter, thru 3-2/3. Then he gave up a 2 out base hit to Michael Young. A double to Nelson Cruz followed. Next, Jake gave up a walk and then a game changing 3 run homer to Mitch Moreland. Suddenly a 3-0 White Sox lead, became a 4-3 Texas lead.

On the night, he gave up 3 homers (2 homers to Moreland) and 7 runs in 6 IP. The Rangers were able to score 7, on Jake, w just 6 hits.....thanks to the home runs.

Final Score: Texas 7, White Sox 4. Ouch.

Jake has the highest ERA of any White Sox starter. We've heard the excuses, he's coming off INJURY. His arm strength isn't up to par. But, if you go back and view his season log, his best performances were in May, right after he came back, from INJURY. He did have ONE, stellar, 8 inning, outing vs. the Twins, on Aug 7th. But, for the most part, since June, his starts have been 6 innings or less.

Jake Peavy, Alex Rios and Adam Dunn........3 big contracts................3 big UNDERperformors. Could the 3 underperformers, be the big reason why the White Sox can only play .500 baseball???.......it SURE LOOKS THAT WAY!

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Pierre, De Aza, Konerko, Quentin, Ramirez, Dunn, Flowers, Morel, Beckham

1.) Peavy and Humber both look like long relievers right now. So our rotation is suddenly blah.

2.) That's about as good a lineup as we can put out there now with our current personnel. Dunn should be lower, but Flowers had four Ks last night, Beckham is ridiculously bad and Morel can't hit or draw a walk, either.

No way this is a playoff team. If we were in the East our crowds would have been 15,000 the whole second half.

3.) Can you believe we are about to lose 5 of 6 at home again?? Truly amazing. No way in hell we will beat Texas at this stage of the season.

Edited by greg775

I give our fans credit. How can anybody pay to see this s***?

There are plenty of minor league games in the area to go see like Kane County Kougars, etc.

The fans know our track record at home. How can they pay that parking and ticket costs?

I'd go if I lived in chicago, but like milkman, ONLY if I had free tix and parking. I'd pay for food.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 12:19 AM)
Gotta say...booing Rios upon entering the game is pretty tasteless.

Wow.

That is crazy stuff.

Shows the state of our franchise.

Pathetic baseball team.

What did Hawk n Stoney say?

Edited by greg775