White Sox Winner!

Balta1701

This is a fun little team to watch when De Aza and Flowers are hitting like they are...especially with Alex starting to hit...

Looks like we have some young players that might be able to contribute some things we weren't necessarily counting on...

That is if Darth Walker doesn't turn them over to the Dark Side.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
Something to consider...Detroit hasn't had a winning second half (after All Star break) since 2000. I have them at 19-15 in second half so far. They also have been in first place in Sept of 2006 and 2009 but didn't win the division. Tigers have never won the AL Central (realignment in 1998)....

guess we just have to hang in (all-in) there and see what happens

And if u look at their string of one run wins since July 31st it's almost maddening ( 8 in a freaking row), at some point you'd think that squeaking by games would have to slow down

Just got back home from Chicago. I was at the game today and couldn't have picked a better one to attend. Really fun watching the offensive explosion... But, on such a beautiful day, I was disappointed at the attendance. I know we've been incredibly disappointing/frustrating this year, so I get the fact that people may pass on going during weekdays. But on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon? Kinda sad...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Yup.

It is really stacked against the Sox. For starters, we're asking a team that hasnt been more than a game over .500 in months to at minimum be 8 over for the last 36 games. And even if that is to somehow happen, we need the Tigers to choke it away against bad teams.

That's why it's bulls*** when everybody in May and June insists, "It's still early."

All those s***ty games have cost us dearly.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
Love watching Tyler Flowers approach at the plate. Just a breath of fresh air.

He's got his head on straight, Gordon could learn from this guy and that's saying a LOT

I really like Tyler Flowers. He's not gonna hit .300+ like AJ has done over his career, but he could be a poor man's Mike Napoli which I'll take every damn day of the week

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 03:04 AM)
He's got his head on straight, Gordon could learn from this guy and that's saying a LOT

I really like Tyler Flowers. He's not gonna hit .300+ like AJ has done over his career, but he could be a poor man's Mike Napoli which I'll take every damn day of the week

Yes. Flowers is looking decent. I was worried that he might be a bust. Not a bad pickup with Lillibridge for Vazquez (dude we wanted to get rid of in 2008) and Boone Logan.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 12:34 AM)
Just got back home from Chicago. I was at the game today and couldn't have picked a better one to attend. Really fun watching the offensive explosion... But, on such a beautiful day, I was disappointed at the attendance. I know we've been incredibly disappointing/frustrating this year, so I get the fact that people may pass on going during weekdays. But on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon? Kinda sad...

It was a perfect storm of factors working against the Sox. Air/Water show, Cubs/Cardinals on the north side, add that to an underachieving expensive team, and the attendance didn't surprise me.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/20/30884...r-economic.html

This is a very good article expressing in more detail Mr. Hibbard's sentiment.

The Chiefs used to have a long waiting list for 15 years....and it is football, not baseball, but it's a well-conceived article that addresses where the sports and entertainment worlds are going in the future.

Especially the conflict between the "ballpark/stadium experience" you can get at home versus actually going and paying sky-high prices or being a season ticket holder.