White Sox @ Angels, 8/24 - 9:05, WCIU/ESPN2

Steve9347

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 04:42 AM)
I guess I wanted to express concern without seeming ungrateful for Humber's first-half work.

Put it this way...if we go into next year with a starting rotation of Floyd, Sale, Peavy, Humber and Stewart, then we better pray that Dunn and Rios have all-star type seasons if we want to contend.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
How long will u be in China? Do you love it over there? Is it lucrative? I am a Journalism major so if you want to get them to make me an offer I'll listen :)

Good luck to you over there. Seems kinda scary.

Greg, Northeast/Paseo/Southeast High Schools in KC are a lot scarier than anything I've ever seen abroad.

Or the KCKS School District.

There are a lot of writing opportunities abroad. I've written some articles for local/regional magazines, but just for fun and to earn extra money.

But there are full-time gigs, if you're willing to do some advertising/ad sales work on the side to supplement the writing part.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
I guess I wanted to express concern without seeming ungrateful for Humber's first-half work.

The thing is, Humber giving us anything, ever, was and still will be a bonus. If Humber can round into a 3-4 starter on our team going into next season and be solid out there, hes already way outperformed anyone's expectations for him.

Stewart isn't a front line guy either. I would hope the organization is able to understand this. The problem with this team is that the players we are paying to be our stars (Dunn, Rios, Peavy) have all been horrible.

I just don't see how your takeaway from this game so far is that you're unimpressed with Stewart. Our offense has once again been inept.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
Stewart rebounding to have a solid start

Sox were never going to show any balls to win this game anyway! He has been ok last few innings.

Edited by Soxfest

I just don't see how your takeaway from this game so far is that you're unimpressed with Stewart. Our offense has once again been inept.

I actually haven't watched much of the game.

I just saw the four runs, in what, five innings? Figured he was so-so or blah tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 04:57 AM)
I actually haven't watched much of the game.

I just saw the four runs, in what, five innings? Figured he was so-so or blah tonight.

He wasn't very good tonight. Gave up a long two run double to a terrible hitter in Mathis. Got a lot of grounders at least, which is good to see.

Sox getting worked over pretty good by Angels.

This is another obvious thing that had to happen in this s*** season. We need to get that road record back to about .500 where it belongs to go with our lousy home record.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
He wasn't very good tonight. Gave up a long two run double to a terrible hitter in Mathis. Got a lot of grounders at least, which is good to see.

Far from his best outing. Didn't have his best fastball and was hanging breaking balls.

I'm not sure why he was left in to give up that double either, but what do I know? This game season is over anyway.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 05:03 AM)
I know hindsight is 20/20 but was there really a reason to send Stewart out there in the 7th?

Probably not, except Ozzie tends to give up on games this year, probably knowing how bad the offense is better than anybody.

He probably figured the 4-0 lead was in reality about 10-0. As skipper he prolly shouldn't think that way.

Edited by greg775

Just for fun, not a good last two days for Kenny Williams:

- Hudson dominates and goes 8.2 innings and gives up 2 runs

- De Los Santos gets a win

- Brandon Allen hits two mammoth homers

- Nick Swisher hits two homers

- Jason Frasor picks up loss for Sox

- Zach Stewart gets bombed by Angels