8/28 games

danman31

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
People jump over Tyler Williams when he was struggling, but now that he's on a hot streak you don't hear a peep. Kid is 12-31 in the last 9 games.

I don't know a thing about him. I know that Jr at least had some projectability, how about Tyler?

Going to throw out some numbers here.

Trayce Thompson.

Hitting .274 this month. 25 RBI in 28 games. 31 hits for the month, 17 are extra base hits (10 2Bs, 7 HRs).

However, only 7 walks for the month which hurts his OBP. OPS though has gone up.

K rate: 35 out of 113, still a bit high.

Currently, 61 extra base hits out of 494 ABs at Low A.

Interesting year for T2.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
People jump over Tyler Williams when he was struggling, but now that he's on a hot streak you don't hear a peep. Kid is 12-31 in the last 9 games.

Blind squirrel, nut. 53 K's in 97 AB's in Rookie Ball says it all for me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
I don't know a thing about him. I know that Jr at least had some projectability, how about Tyler?

I don't think so, but I really don't know. I just wish some of our posters wouldn't hate on him just because of his father.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
I don't think so, but I really don't know. I just wish some of our posters wouldn't hate on him just because of his father.

But, if it wasn't for his father, he would've been cut weeks ago. I think the hate is justified.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
But, if it wasn't for his father, he would've been cut weeks ago. I think the hate is justified.

Thinking objectively, we have had plenty of guys in the system who have racked up loads of strikeouts as they moved through the system. Many of them are still top ranked guys for the Sox.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
Blind squirrel, nut. 53 K's in 97 AB's in Rookie Ball says it all for me.

Its funny you use the blind squirrel analogy because that is what rookie ball is all about. You are trying to find that nut. The K numbers are large, but a very large portion of them were put up very early on. IIRC the K/AB is improving significantly.

Was Kevin Smith hurt when he arrived at GF?

Kenyon Walker now firmly above the Mendoza line.

And, a possible explanation for Tyler Williams is that, since he was cut by Ariz and picked up by Sox, he has responded to good coaching.

I find it funny how you people are defending Tyler Williams right now. But I think there will be plenty of people b**** about him when he is under performing in Low A next season. The thing with the Williams brothers is they will be given more opportunity to move up and play everyday than other prospects, and they might even be significantly worse than the said prospects. Jr should still be in low A right now, if he still deserves to be in the system.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
I find it funny how you people are defending Tyler Williams right now. But I think there will be plenty of people b**** about him when he is under performing in Low A next season. The thing with the Williams brothers is they will be given more opportunity to move up and play everyday than other prospects, and they might even be significantly worse than the said prospects. Jr should still be in low A right now, if he still deserves to be in the system.

the Sox as an organization push many prospects through. This isn't unusual. See also Jared Mitchell.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
the Sox as an organization push many prospects through. This isn't unusual. See also Jared Mitchell.

Really? Are we comparing the Williams brothers to Mitchell now? Mitchell has legit first round talent, missed a year due to injury. They are pushing him to try to get the ROI of a high pick. Do you really think the Williams brothers merit a push solely due to their talent? Jr would be lucky to even be a 10-15 round pick back in the draft, and TW is a UFA.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Really? Are we comparing the Williams brothers to Mitchell now? Mitchell has legit first round talent, missed a year due to injury. They are pushing him to try to get the ROI of a high pick. Do you really think the Williams brothers merit a push solely due to their talent? Jr would be lucky to even be a 10-15 round pick back in the draft, and TW is a UFA.

Tyler is also in Bristol, which is the absolute lowest level of rookie ball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
Tyler is also in Bristol, which is the absolute lowest level of rookie ball.

That's true, but how far up will he be moved in 2012? If he starts out any higher than Great Falls, then it's a joke. I have no doubt in my mind that Kenny Jr. moves up to Charlotte next year as long as his dad remains the GM. His average as of right now sits at .196, how low will it be in AAA?

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
That's true, but how far up will he be moved in 2012? If he starts out any higher than Great Falls, then it's a joke. I have no doubt in my mind that Kenny Jr. moves up to Charlotte next year as long as his dad remains the GM. His average as of right now sits at .196, how low will it be in AAA?

I'll believe that when I see it. The sad thing is that it will probably would also mean the one guy in the organization who has more K's than Adam Dunn will also be moving up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
I'll believe that when I see it. The sad thing is that it will probably would also mean the one guy in the organization who has more K's than Adam Dunn will also be moving up.

I noticed Mitchell got moved down in the order recently. Hitting 6th/7th instead of in the top of the order.