What are you taking this semester?

SoxFan1

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
Fall 2011

This is my last semester of college and it's a joke. Classes only Tue/Thu.

Baseball Coaching Theory

Team Sports

Golf II

Broadcast News II

Capstone

Yeah.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Meanwhile, I have...

Fields and Waves (Physics class disguised as an electrical engineering class)

C++ Data Structures

Engineering Ethics

Digital Systems Lab

Statistics and Probability

I have homework or work due every day except Monday, unless I have a Machine Problem for my Data Structures class.

BADM 311 Organizational Behavior

BADM 353 Systems Analysis and Design

BADM 377 Project Management

BADM 380 International Business

BADM 458/559 IT Governance

IB 105 Environmental Biology

Should be a tough semester but a good one.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Meanwhile, I have...

Fields and Waves (Physics class disguised as an electrical engineering class)

C++ Data Structures

Engineering Ethics

Digital Systems Lab

Statistics and Probability

I have homework or work due every day except Monday, unless I have a Machine Problem for my Data Structures class.

Does Cinda Hereen still teach this class?

Humanities 201 - This class is hardest to describe. This is the end of a three semester sequence that is one of two tracks all students at my school must take. The alternative is a Religious Studies sequence that spends the entire first two semesters reading the bible. The third semester has a lot of flexibility, such as moving to Islam, etc. I chose this Humanities path, which we call "The Search for Values in Light of Western History and Religion." I love the course and did well enough that I'm actually on the curriculum advisory council now. The first two semesters covered, off the top of my head -- Gilgamesh, Homer, Plato, Aristotle, Thucydides, Old Testament, New Testament, Augustine, Dante, Aquinas, among others I'm leaving off. The third semester moves to the Renaissance era and I chose the Politics track for the third semester, as it will count as a class for my major. We're reading Machiavelli, Shakespeare, Roussaeu, Nitzsche, Huxley, and others that I don't remember without looking at my syllabus.

English 381 - Alfred Hitchcock and Hitchcockians - Study of Hitchcock as an "auteur" and those that emulate/remake his films

Theatre 240 - Voice and Diction for Public Speaking - I plan to work in media, so I need to work on my voice.

Greek 101 - Need to take a language through 201 level, and I would like to read texts from my Humanities courses in their original text. I'm also Greek by heritage, and would like to travel to Greece and be able to get around. Modern Greek is only moderately different from Ancient Greek, and most differences are merely pronunciation.

...and baseball sucking up my time as always. Working at the local news station on Friday nights, building that resume. And I'm an RA, loving the money and loving the single room.