8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
Holy s***, I assumed that Diamond was a lefty, and thats why Rios is playing over De Aza, but holy s***, Diamond is a righty. So Ozzie would rather have a RvR matchup, and play Rios, then use De Aza who is hot, plays good D, is faster, and provides a RvL matchup. WOWOWOWOWOW.

The paper says Diamond is a Lefty.

did people notice Hawk mention last night that Konerko will not be seeing any good pitches to hit while Rios is hitting behind him(unless Rios gets hot)?

When Hawk is criticizing the lineups, something is seriously wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
Apparently Rios is a must start everyday. Plus he needs to be the cleanup hitter everyday too. He's just too good to leave on the bench. f*** DeAza.

s*** like this makes me think that Ozzie really doesn't care anymore. I know I'm not privvy to inside information and I'm just a fan, but it really looks like Ozzie isn't putting the best team out on the field.

if so, then bring on the Sandy Alomar Jr/ Dave Martinez era.

We better beat Dustin Diamond aka Screech. I want to stay on a big winning going against the Tiggs next. Diamond is a lefty and Rios was 2-5 yesterday. Don't mind him playing but rather see Viciedo batting fourth. Chance to knock Twins into last and move closer to first.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
We better beat Dustin Diamond aka Screech. I want to stay on a big winning going against the Tiggs next. Diamond is a lefty and Rios was 2-5 yesterday. Don't mind him playing but rather see Viciedo batting fourth. Chance to knock Twins into last and move closer to first.

Didn't he have an infield single and a bloop single? :lolhitting

QUOTE (Bhay99 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
Didn't he have an infield single and a bloop single? :lolhitting

He tried to kill the rally after Minny went up 3-0...but the s***ty-Twins can't field this year. There should have been a double-play before DeAza hit the homerun. I think Rios got a hit for it.

Twins cannot field balls hit by Rios. It has a strange spin on it and the ball comes off wet and greasy. Not sure why. He must be doctoring his bat. lol!

Hey, it is better to be lucky than good. Rios got a couple of easy hits and I am sure somebody else had a couple of hard outs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
did people notice Hawk mention last night that Konerko will not be seeing any good pitches to hit while Rios is hitting behind him(unless Rios gets hot)?

When Hawk is criticizing the lineups, something is seriously wrong.

Hawk has laid into this team a lot this year, from the lack of hustle, the lack of 3-0 swings, the bad mechanics at the plate, etc.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
He tried to kill the rally after Minny went up 3-0...but the s***ty-Twins can't field this year. There should have been a double-play before DeAza hit the homerun. I think Rios got a hit for it.

Did he really get credited with a hit for that? It was a routine double play grounder to third.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Rios is the better option versus the left-hander.

I believe of the three (Pierre, De Aza and rios) rios has the lowest OPS against LHP but sure rios brings those intangibles like lackadaisical play and not knowing how many outs there are with 2 outs in 9th that you just can't teach.

There is absolutely no reason to continue to play rios

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
I believe of the three (Pierre, De Aza and rios) rios has the lowest OPS against LHP but sure rios brings those intangibles like lackadaisical play and not knowing how many outs there are with 2 outs in 9th that you just can't teach.

There is absolutely no reason to continue to play rios

:lolhitting

:wub:

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Why not? Seriously. If he's good enough to be in the lineup, he's good enough to bat 4th. He's been hitting better as of late too.

I'm starting to wonder whether you're some 87 year old man.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Why not? Seriously. If he's good enough to be in the lineup, he's good enough to bat 4th. He's been hitting better as of late too.

Wait, what? 10 for last 57, with probably 7 of those hits being flares or bad defensive plays.