Speigel vs Cowley on WSCR

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
Cowley on Mac & Spiegs Show right now. Should be a listen. Spiegs told Cowley he's being used by Ozzie and his credibility is being ruined by reporting only one side of this tale. Tempers flaring.

Damn. I just jumped on. Speigal is kicking his ass!

This argument has been brewing all week. Props to Speigel for having the cojones to stand up to this douche. It's seems so blatantly obvious that Cowley has whored himself out to Ozzie and his family. The man has no objectivity left and shouldn't cover the team. He's an embarrassment to the suntimes and reporting as a whole.

Wowwww. Crazy interview. I get what Cowley's trying to say, that only one side of the story will be told when the other side refuses to talk, but it's very, very clear that he's being a petulant child about KW's silence rather than a responsible reporter. Good to see someone call Cowley's out on his childishness.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
This argument has been brewing all week. Props to Speigel for having the cojones to stand up to this douche. It's seems so blatantly obvious that Cowley has whored himself out to Ozzie and his family. The man has no objectivity left and shouldn't cover the team. He's an embarrassment to the suntimes and reporting as a whole.

That's the thing... The Sun Times loves this attention. They are a tabloid anymor.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
Wowwww. Crazy interview. I get what Cowley's trying to say, that only one side of the story will be told when the other side refuses to talk, but it's very, very clear that he's being a petulant child about KW's silence rather than a responsible reporter. Good to see someone call Cowley's out on his childishness.

When you know someone is working for the other side to sabatogue you, you aren't going to give them something to spin against you.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)

Only getting one side of the story doesn't mean you have to lose all objectivity and openly side with that source. Especially if you lose access because you're such a giant douche.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Was it Cowley or one of Ozzie's kids that tweeted last year about KW being out on a date? Ugh, this whole thing is going to end up being so damn ugly.

It is past the ugly stage. We are now into the brown bag over the head stage

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
Everyone knows I'm anti-Ozzie, but I truly feel the last week has seen a major shift amongst Sox fans with regards to Team KW vs Team Ozzie.

Cowley definitely shifted some feelings with this interview

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
Everyone knows I'm anti-Ozzie, but I truly feel the last week has seen a major shift amongst Sox fans with regards to Team KW vs Team Ozzie.

I will flat out say it. Joe Cowardly has made me much more anti-Ozzie in recent times. I really think Ozzie is behind him, which just infuriates me.