Speigel vs Cowley on WSCR

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it very telling that when Cowley was asked to explain the 10% of the blame that belongs to Ozzie he responded with a compliment to Ozzie...."He's too truthful.". Nevermind Ozzie's kids getting in the org's business, nevermind the contract talk in a pennant race, nevermind curious personnel decisions...."he's too truthful". Cowley didn't sound like a reporter with that response, he sounded like the mouthpiece he is accused of being.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
That was my initial, posted reaction. However, this involves Cowley, so most of Soxtalk can only hate on him. Spiegel sounded like the fat moron he is.

Wait, regardless of Speigel's composure, do you think Cowley has essentially been acting as a mouthpiece for the Guillens? And do you think he attacks KW on a personal level rather than a professional one? If not, have you ever read his articles or tweets? It's pretty indisputable that he

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
I think so. In listening to it from far away, I thought it was annoying, loud, uncomfortable radio.

That's exactly how it felt tuning in to the conversation part way through.

I think Spiegel was mostly right, but he's still not polished in the art of on-air debate (or beat-downs).

Also, the way Cowley ended the interview sounded very amateur. Can't remember exactly, but it was something to the effect of "get your own sources and get back to me." Sorta like hearing an Internet debate played out on the radio.

:lolhitting Excellent theater, for a little while everyone was able to forget the team will not be playing in October, again.

I really love following the tweets from the Sox beat writers and assume it's all orchestrated and scripted. A few guys all saying the same stuff is boring. Throw in some jabs and everyone wins.

QUOTE (SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
That's exactly how it felt tuning in to the conversation part way through.

I think Spiegel was mostly right, but he's still not polished in the art of on-air debate (or beat-downs).

Also, the way Cowley ended the interview sounded very amateur. Can't remember exactly, but it was something to the effect of "get your own sources and get back to me." Sorta like hearing an Internet debate played out on the radio.

I think that is the best summary of the debate.