ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
How did the Sox draw this year? I know attendance was lacking some, but did the Sox still draw pretty well?

I hear they are better at not drawing outside the lines in coloring books. As for playing baseball.............. :unsure:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)
What compensation are they going to get from Florida at this point? Not Morrison they said no to that last year. Also, if the plan is to get rid of KW you can't do that and keep Guillen. Sox have no leverage in this with Fla.

Morrison's stock within Marlins organization is significantly lower than it was last offseason. However, I do agree it's likely they just let Ozzie to to Florida an call it a day.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
Won't be fired during year, as that would make it near impossible for the Sox to get any possible compensation back from Florida.

If he were hired by Fla. the Sox wouldn't have to pay the 2012 portion of his contract.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
This stuff happened under Manuel too. The organization maybe doesn't take into account how players handle pressure or have been in pressure situations. Big money free agents from losing organizations, well what do they have to play for other than a larger contract.

Absolutely. It's as much if not more of a trait of KW teams as it is Guillen's.

Pathetic performance by a pathetic organization. f*** compensation by Florida, Ozzie needs to be fired tomorrow. I've got a sick feeling that nothing will change next year and we'll have the same dumbs*** manager, the same moronic hitting coach, the same myopic GM and the same ballless owner.

Things need to change right now.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
You never say anyting like that before an important series, period. No manager would do that.

I'm sure they wouldn't but that comment deserves 0% blame for the sweep. I'm sure in the locker room he said something completely different.

I know Ozzie has done a s*** job this season, deserves to be gone but I'm amazed by how upset people get about joke BS comments to the media. What do you want him to say? Maybe he's trying to keep it loose. You don't know what he said in the closed clubhouse.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
What compensation are they going to get from Florida at this point? Not Morrison they said no to that last year. Also, if the plan is to get rid of KW you can't do that and keep Guillen. Sox have no leverage in this with Fla.

I disagree. The Sox don't have to do s*** with Ozzie...he's under contract. If the Marlins are banking on Ozzie (which I'm hedging they are) to open their new era and spiffy new ballpark why wouldn't they give compensation. Not that I really give a s***...but don't act like the Sox have zero leverage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
0-3, 3 strikeouts...2 errors for Morel. He looks overmatched out there. Seems like he's not even swinging with a purpose at the plate. By far the worst game of his career.

Not going to single out Morel in a disaster of a game like this. The entire team looks defeated, including our leaders, Buehrle and Konerko. This team is done. I expect to see a few games like this.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Pathetic performance by a pathetic organization. f*** compensation by Florida, Ozzie needs to be fired tomorrow. I've got a sick feeling that nothing will change next year and we'll have the same dumbs*** manager, the same moronic hitting coach, the same myopic GM and the same ballless owner.

Things need to change right now.

I don't think I would pay attention to that team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
0-3, 3 strikeouts...2 errors for Morel. He looks overmatched out there. Seems like he's not even swinging with a purpose at the plate. By far the worst game of his career.

And I still hope he, Beckham, Flowers, De Aza, Viciedo, Escobar, (in some way) Lillibridge, etc. still see consistent playing time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
I'm sure they wouldn't but that comment deserves 0% blame for the sweep. I'm sure in the locker room he said something completely different.

I know Ozzie has done a s*** job this season, deserves to be gone but I'm amazed by how upset people get about joke BS comments to the media. What do you want him to say? Maybe he's trying to keep it loose. You don't know what he said in the closed clubhouse.

Oz detractors use everything and anything to back their point.

Some people said recently he throws his players under the bus.

Yeah, right. He hasn't said a bad thing about Dunn all year. He hasn't even ripped Rios publicly.

He didn't say a peep about Matt Thornton's lousiness in April and he never threw Juan under the bus for botching a couple fly balls in April.