The Return of Adam Dunn, 9/05. 12:05

LittleHurt05

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
I think the weak pop ups to the left side where Dunn doesn't even know where he hit it have concerned me more this year than the strike outs. His bat speed is just gone.

Maybe no bat speed is because of no confidence? I don't know maybe the guy needs glasses or something. It is troubling for sure

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Maybe no bat speed is because of no confidence? I don't know maybe the guy needs glasses or something. It is troubling for sure

Even when he's made good contact a lot this year, he's had warning track power. In the past, he could hit it out of any park to any direction.

What a terrible throw. Thank goodness he was out and Humber gets seven shutout innings.

Depending on the pitch count, it may be tiime to let the bullpen blow this one. Let Humber leave with a good feeling. I'm saying this with no idea what the pitch count is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
I think the weak pop ups to the left side where Dunn doesn't even know where he hit it have concerned me more this year than the strike outs. His bat speed is just gone.

Finally!! Someone says it. I have been talking about this all year and haven't had any response to it. It's happened with BOTH Dunn and Rios (although much more with Dunn). I've never seen that out of any major league player ever throughout a whole year where they don't even know where the ball is when they make contact. It's like he's closing his eyes on the swing and has absolutely NO feel of where he's connecting on the bat.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Finally!! Someone says it. I have been talking about this all year and haven't had any response to it. It's happened with BOTH Dunn and Rios (although much more with Dunn). I've never seen that out of any major league player ever throughout a whole year where they don't even know where the ball is when they make contact. It's like he's closing his eyes on the swing and has absolutely NO feel of where he's connecting on the bat.

Rios has turned his whole body to face 3b by the time his swing finishes. That's why Rios doesn't know where the ball is going.

Just to get this straight.

In these scenarios would you blame Oz today?

1.) Sergio now gets rocked and we lose?

2.) Sergio loads the bases and Oz doesn't take his CLOSER out?

Just wondering cause my guess is even though this is an automatic move I think people would blame Ozzie saying he should have left Matt in. Would you blame Ozzie? Or would u blame Sergio?

I blame players; I think most would blame Oz.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)

Maybe he should switch hit for the rest of the season. It couldn't be any worse.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Just to get this straight.

In these scenarios would you blame Oz today?

1.) Sergio now gets rocked and we lose?

2.) Sergio loads the bases and Oz doesn't take his CLOSER out?

Just wondering cause my guess is even though this is an automatic move I think people would blame Ozzie saying he should have left Matt in. Would you blame Ozzie? Or would u blame Sergio?

I blame players; I think most would blame Oz.

Santos is on my mental midget list. Coop's boyz fail under pressure. Today I think they know they are out of it so I expect the staff to perform well.