• Jake Peavy
    • John Danks
    • Gavin Floyd
    • Chris Sale
    • Zach Stewart
    • Phil Humber
    • Dylan Axelrod
    • Hector Santiago

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
I don't see them trading both Floyd and Danks.

Well, I see Buehrle - Stewart - Sale all in the rotation next year.

So that means 2 spots for 5 guys.

Floyd, Danks, or Humber could be traded. I believe 2 of them will.

Peavy could be moved to the bullpen, but I doubt it.

Axelrod is just insurance.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
That may be true, but if Sale starts the season in the minors for any reason, they aren't in the running for anything.

Did you see how Sale started this season? He took 2 months of the season to really find his release point. His ERA in the spring was 6.48. He might well need time to get himself back into the groove of starting from this season.

I would love to see MB stay a White Sox until the end of his career, but the shape the team is.. I don't see the need to bring him back, as they would have to pay him more than Peavy, which right now I don't see where they are going to get the money to do that.

Peavy, maybe, hopefully.. can stay healthy for the entire 2012 campaign

Danks, I like to see him get moved, for something.. OF/3b Help down the line, younger kid.

Floyd, Stays for now..

Sale, gets moved into the Rotation. With Mark and Danks gone, he is the Sox only LHP in the rotation

Humber/Stewart are the final two pieces to the puzzle. As they are now playing for 2012 rotation.

I would also like to see who gets non-tendered or some type of Humber/Loaiza(sp) as I have a feeling Humber, well digress from this season.

Even on the FA market, Buehrle would not make more than Peavy.

I would challenge that thought, Mark would be the "prize" SP on the market going into this year's FA class. I can see some team "reaching" to get him. In a normal market, where he is the 3-4th best.. sure, I can see your point.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
I would challenge that thought, Mark would be the "prize" SP on the market going into this year's FA class. I can see some team "reaching" to get him. In a normal market, where he is the 3-4th best.. sure, I can see your point.

Go look at his advanced stats. Right now he's getting fair value for his performance this season. If he limits himself to a few teams, even less.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
Danks-Peavy-Floyd-Humber-Stewart

Sale starting in AAA and on the same rotation as Peavy in case of injury.

Why does Sale have to start the season in AAA?

We likely won't be playing for anything meaningful in the majors. Let him start up in the bigs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
Why does Sale have to start the season in AAA?

We likely won't be playing for anything meaningful in the majors. Let him start up in the bigs.

There's probably a long list of extreme hard throwers who have short careers or regress after a few productive seasons. Guys like this you have to be very careful how you handle them.

There's probably a long list of extreme hard throwers who have short careers or regress after a few productive seasons. Guys like this you have to be very careful how you handle them.

I would like to see him do a Verlander.. Tone it down, and then when you need it.. 7-10 times a game ramp it up. But then Verlander is a freak

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
Danks-Peavy-Floyd-Humber-Stewart

Sale starting in AAA and on the same rotation as Peavy in case of injury.

That's mine too. I could just as easily see them sign bring Mark back and trade one of Floyd/Danks but I just have a feeling Buehrle is going to be elsewhere in 2012.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 06:54 AM)
All I know is if Sale, Stewart/Humber are in the rotation with Peavy, sox better keep Danks, Floyd and/or Buehrle for innings. That is alot of ? and lesser innings to tag that bullpen with.

Danks was hurt this year, Floyd has that recurrent hip problem.