Soxfest 2012 announced

southsider2k5

And no, they haven't done anything to make it any less ridiculously expensive. For two people to go, and get weekend passes, it will be well over $500 if you don't eat, park, or do anything else.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/2011/09/07/2132196/

In case you didn’t see the recent press announcement, SoxFest 2012 will be held January 27, 2012- January 29, 2012. Great news: Two-night SoxFest 2012 hotel packages at the Palmer House Hilton along with weekend passes will go on sale this Tuesday, September 13 at 10 a.m. on whitesox.com.

SoxFest will take place January 27-29 and, as always, gives our fans a unique opportunity to meet their favorite current and former White Sox players, attend question-and-answer sessions with players, coaches and front office staff and take home unique memorabilia from our SoxFest Garage Sale. This year, we’re thrilled that Joe Crede, third baseman for the 2005 World Champion White Sox, is scheduled to join us for the festivities. More names will be added along the way, so make sure to check the SoxFest page on whitesox.com regularly leading up to the fest.

Our special two-night SoxFest hotel package is $316, and fans may purchase up to two rooms per reservation. Plus, by purchasing this two-night package, you’ll be eligible to purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes ($75/pass) per room reservation. Keep in mind that weekend passes are only available to fans who book a two-night stay, and that Friday night of SoxFest will be open only to SoxFest hotel guests with weekend passes.

SoxFest is the perfect way to kick off the White Sox Baseball season and start the countdown to Spring Training and Opening Day. I look forward to seeing you there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 07:53 AM)
$249 for the weekend plus the four free weekend passes was an awesome deal. If you did the same thing today it would cost you $619 without tax.

Holy crap. I haven't been there since I was a little kid. I loved it. If I had kids, I guess I'd bring them one year now, but never again after that.

• 1 month later...

I've never been to SoxFest, but it's always been a dream of mine. I worked my way through college and grad school as a wedding planner and therefore could NEVER get a weekend off. Now that I CAN go, I'd have to skip paying rent to make it happen... and for THIS bunch? forget it. :/

I'd be down for a SoxTalk picket line, though. haha

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 02:16 AM)
I've never been to SoxFest, but it's always been a dream of mine. I worked my way through college and grad school as a wedding planner and therefore could NEVER get a weekend off. Now that I CAN go, I'd have to skip paying rent to make it happen... and for THIS bunch? forget it. :/

I'd be down for a SoxTalk picket line, though. haha

#OccupySoxfest

• 2 months later...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/commun...ium_upgrade.jsp

'

The "Premium Upgrade Package" to go on sale

Thursday, December 22 @ 10 a.m. CT

via whitesox.com.

The Premium Upgrade Package is $225 per pass.

Fans may purchase up to the same number of passes as regular weekend passes purchased.

Fans who have purchased a SoxFest hotel package and weekend pass(es) by Wednesday, December 21 @ 5 p.m. are eligible for an opportunity to purchase the Premium Upgrade Package, based on availability.

Eligible fans will receive an email the morning of December 22 with purchase instructions.

SoxFest Premium Upgrade Packages are available only to fans who purchased a two-night stay at the SoxFest rate and a SoxFest weekend pass(es).

Changes for 2012!

Your premium upgrade package will include a SoxFest full-zip softshell sleeveless vest.

Fans will receive an extra speed pass for Saturday, totaling three speed passes over the weekend (two speed passes on Saturday and one speed pass on Sunday).

For each Premium Upgrade Package purchased, you will receive two complimentary lower deck tickets from a list of select games in April/May of 2012.

The Premium Upgrade Package includes:

SoxFest Welcome Pack upon check-in

Welcome Pack includes:

Special MVP SoxFest Pass for the weekend

Official MLB baseball, suitable for autographs

SoxFest full-zip softshell sleeveless vest

Special SoxFest discount coupon for Majestic Custom T-Shirt Shop for use at SoxFest (redeemable only at SoxFest; not redeemable for cash).

Two complimentary lower deck reserve tickets to an April/May game (fans can choose from a list of select game dates and will be contacted in March with details).

Special SoxFest MVP Pass

MVP Pass holders will receive:

Three premium autographs without waiting in long lines (Details to be provided upon check-in). The MVP Pass is valid for two premium autographs on Saturday and one premium autograph on Sunday. (MVP Pass holders are not guaranteed a 'no wait' experience, but the wait time will be reduced.) Participants will be confirmed closer to actual SoxFest show dates.

Access to private autograph session on Friday night (White Sox manager Robin Ventura scheduled to appear).

Access to private photo corner on Saturday night (Joe Crede and the 2005 World Series Trophy scheduled to appear). No autographs.

Access to private seminar on Friday night with members of the 2005 World Series Championship team (seminar scheduled to take place from 8:30-9:15 p.m.).

Premium Upgrade Packages are $225 per package.

The number of Premium Upgrade Packages purchased cannot exceed the number of weekend passes purchased. They do not have to equal the number of weekend passes purchased.

Due to the limited number of Premium Upgrade available, they will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis via the sale on whitesox.com on

Thursday, December 22 @ 10 a.m. CT

Other Important SoxFest Information

SoxFest weekend passes and Premium Upgrade packages (when applicable) will be available for pick up when fans check in to the hotel at SoxFest.

Up-to-date information on SoxFest, including other onsale dates, SoxFest show hours and players scheduled to appear will be available on whitesox.com, under the Community tab.

SoxFest hotel packages and weekend passes are still available for purchase by visiting whitesox.com, under the Community tab. LIMITED EDITION JOE CREDE BOBBLEHEAD DOLL FOR EACH WEEKEND PASS PURCHASED!

SoxFest Hours:

Friday 4:00-9:00 p.m.

Saturday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT SOXFEST!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
whitesox Chicago White Sox

Beckham, Crain, Peavy, Pierzynski and Sale have been added to the list of current players scheduled to attend #SoxFest!

Gives you a good idea of who they think will still be here next year...

• 3 weeks later...

So a friend of mine and I purchased the SoxFest Hotel package, that comes with two weekend passes. All taken care of all I have to do is actually attend the thing.

Now a 'GF' of mine would like to join, would all she need to do is buy a two day pass for $70? I just wanna make sure she will be able to hang out with us at the hotel 'afterhours' as well as attend the seminars and events all weekend.

Any help appreciated.