WHAT THE HELL? WHITE SOX WINNER? RIOS WALK OFF SLAM?

Quin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Ozzie said Dunn makes too much money to get PH for.

I thought you were being sarcastic when saying this. LOL.

I think the reality was, however, that Ozzie was hoping Dunn would somehow get a walk off hit and it would perhaps do something to turn around this year (or next if he plans on being here). Still an awful decision, but seeing that we're out of it, it does water it down a bit.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:52 AM)
I thought you were being sarcastic when saying this. LOL.

I think the reality was, however, that Ozzie was hoping Dunn would somehow get a walk off hit and it would perhaps do something to turn around this year (or next if he plans on being here). Still an awful decision, but seeing that we're out of it, it does water it down a bit.

He's done this twice already. Once when this team was still in the race.

I still believe Dunn can turn it around, but this season is good as lost. There's no point in even trying. Let him go home in the off-season, think things over, work on his swing, get in shape, and come back next year to earn his money.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
Because he's on a 4 year deal and he makes something like 14 mill a year.

You may not like the reason, but that's it.

I know that, but here's the reality of this situation.

You have a player who is making a lot of money, but is also costing you money by being historically bad and contributing negative value to the team. So by playing him, you're just costing yourself more money.

There is little use to try and turn him around this season. The best thing for him is to have him go work on things in the off-season and clear his head. Giving him PAs against left handed pitchers is the worst way to bring his confidence back or have him actually get a hit.

And does it bother anyone that Ozzie didn't even know how much money Dunn is making this season? He's making $12 million, not 14.

4years/$56M (2011-14)

signed by Chicago White Sox as a free agent 12/3/10

11:$12M, 12:$14M, 13:$15M, 14:$15M

Edited by chw42

Funny how a few years ago when I was going off about how terrible a manager was everyone on the site was ganging up on me... and look at it now. There's a very small amount of people left who think highly of him at all and those people, frankly, are impossible.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
Funny how a few years ago when I was going off about how terrible a manager was everyone on the site was ganging up on me... and look at it now. There's a very small amount of people left who think highly of him at all and those people, frankly, are impossible.

really, you should be awarded a medal. i mean, with as many times as you have said "i said he was a bad manager X amount of years ago and everyone disagreed with me", that has to have set some sort of record.

we get it, you dont like ozzie and you never have. get off your highhorse and stop calling everyone idiots because they dont and did not agree with you in the past.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)
Then the question is: WHY THE f*** DOES HE PLAY HIM THEN?

Because this season is a wash. It's time for extended spring training. Play the young guys and the guys who need to work themselves out of a funk. It's over. The Tigers are closer to the Yankees than they are to the White Sox.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Eric Karros noticed that his bat speed is off. He's reacting late to pitches and not starting his swing soon enough.

He must have a severe mental block that's affecting his mechanics.

Dunn is done, I truly believe that. The bat speed is gone, as evident by the 100 pop ups to the left side this year.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
He was f***ing around with a fishing pole in the dugout, acting like he didn't give two s***s about managing.

He also failed to pinch hit Viciedo for Dunn in the 9th, instead opting to pinch hit him for De Aza, who had 2 doubles in the game.

people overreact over any little thing ozzie does. jeeze, i think when he sneezes it bothers some people

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
people overreact over any little thing ozzie does. jeeze, i think when he sneezes it bothers some people

And them there's people like you that will always find a reason to excuse him no matter what. He can use derogatory homophobic comments towards reporters, s*** on fans, and publicly rip players on other teams unprompted and you'll have no problem with it whatsoever. The guy is the exact opposite of a "class act".

Oh and he's not very good at what he gets paid to do.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)

If he did a good job managing, people wouldn't care as much about his antics. He's like the class clown that never gets in trouble while everyone around him suffers.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
And them there's people like you that will always find a reason to excuse him no matter what. He can use derogatory homophobic comments towards reporters, s*** on fans, and publicly rip players on other teams unprompted and you'll have no problem with it whatsoever. The guy is the exact opposite of a "class act".

Oh and he's not very good at what he gets paid to do.

and im not defending him. do i critisize him when he manages a shi** game(like yesterdays game)? yes but i could care less about his little antics because they dont have anything to do with the team winning or losing.

jake peavy said "well obviously were not playing for anything anymore.." and thats fine. if it were ozzie that said that omg, everyone would rip him to shreds,. at the end of the day, i dont think the sox would have won the division or lost it becuase of ozzie. thats my only point and thats not me defending him

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
and im not defending him. do i critisize him when he manages a shi** game(like yesterdays game)? yes but i could care less about his little antics because they dont have anything to do with the team winning or losing.

jake peavy said "well obviously were not playing for anything anymore.." and thats fine. if it were ozzie that said that omg, everyone would rip him to shreds,. at the end of the day, i dont think the sox would have won the division or lost it becuase of ozzie. thats my only point and thats not me defending him

I can agree with this to a point. It was the deplorable play of a couple individuals that contributed heavily to this poor season. But, Ozzie, the guy who makes the lineups, pitching changes, PH decisions, etc., made plenty of boneheaded moves that led to losses. It's definitely not entirely his fault, but he certainly had a hand in it.

really, you should be awarded a medal. i mean, with as many times as you have said "i said he was a bad manager X amount of years ago and everyone disagreed with me", that has to have set some sort of record.

we get it, you dont like ozzie and you never have. get off your highhorse and stop calling everyone idiots because they dont and did not agree with you in the past.

You really love exaggerating and misquoting people, don't you? Not to mention I don't see you jumping on anyone else in this thread for going after Ozzie's head. But no, I haven't said that many times at all; stop being dramatic just because you apparently have something against me.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
You really love exaggerating and misquoting people, don't you? Not to mention I don't see you jumping on anyone else in this thread for going after Ozzie's head. But no, I haven't said that many times at all; stop being dramatic just because you apparently have something against me.

the only thing I have against you is the condescending way you treat people who you feel have different opinions, and how you love to throw in subtle insults at their intellect. That hasnt changed and that is all.

And for the record, I want Ozzie gone too. I dont have a problem with those posts. I have a problem with your posts that insinuate everyone is so stupid for not coming to that conclusion when you did

Dont see any misquoting or exaggeration there, one could look at the four posts that pop up when your profile is read and come to that determination.

Green font means sarcasm. You were being asked if your post was sarcastic

Thanks for the green, information...

And no, I wasn't. Dunn isn't hitting in that situation yesterday, if

Rios and Dunn hit a single in the 1st

Alexi and Paulie hit a single in the 6th

Alexi and Paulie hit a single in the 8th

So to blame Ozzie for not PH for Dunn in the 9th is an overreaction at its finest.

Edit, sorry I thought Ozzie ph for Deaza in the 10th

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)

So to blame Ozzie for not PH for Dunn in the 9th is an overreaction at its finest.

Edit, sorry I thought Ozzie ph for Deaza in the 10th

Oh I get it now. Since the players failed earlier in the game, he decided to stop managing and kept in a guy with literally the worst chance of coming through.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)

What happened previously is irrelevant to the situation at present, period. Ozzie chose to bat an .037 hitter in a game situation when he had a much better choice available.

Methinks he wants to avoid any situation that would make him look foolish for his roster choices. And let's not kid ourselves, it's been made clear this season that KW does NOT have full roster control.

The fact that our GM and Manager could not function together for the good of the team in 2011 reflects badly on both of them as executives in an organization. As much as I wouldn't mind seeing KW have the reins for one more year with a new manager, I'm now thinking that they both need to go to really get the fresh start we need.

The nightmare scenario of Ozzie surviving with KW gone better not happen, or I'll be very VERY ANNGGRRYYYY!!!

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:35 AM)
Eric Karros noticed that his bat speed is off. He's reacting late to pitches and not starting his swing soon enough.

He must have a severe mental block that's affecting his mechanics.

I think that is probably correct. It is called 3 for 81 against lefties, etc, etc , There is something really wrong here with his approach and everything when it comes to hitting. We have heard it all from observers including "he just looks lost up there." Question is can he recover for next season. Can you imagine another collosal flop year from Adam Dunn?