9/11/11 GT: Sox vs Cle - 1:10pm CDT CSN

knightni

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Just checking the game summary and have to wonder what did Stewart do wrong in that 2nd inning? Gets the first two outs on strike outs and then allows three runs

I tuned in for that inning alone, pretty much.

He got ahead of the guys who got hits as well, but they started punching the ball past people. Chisenhall had a broken bat single that feel in front of De Aza, then there was a grounder punched past Alexei, another hit thrown in there (I think almost all of these happened with 2 strikes), and then he hung a breaking ball out over the plate with 2 strikes for a big 2 run double.

He made one bad mistake, but had some trouble putting guys away before that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
I tuned in for that inning alone, pretty much.

He got ahead of the guys who got hits as well, but they started punching the ball past people. Chisenhall had a broken bat single that feel in front of De Aza, then there was a grounder punched past Alexei, another hit thrown in there (I think almost all of these happened with 2 strikes), and then he hung a breaking ball out over the plate with 2 strikes for a big 2 run double.

He made one bad mistake, but had some trouble putting guys away before that.

Am I wrong is saying that that has been a problem for a number of Sox pitchers this year? Maybe it's the learning curve though

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
I been watching the White Sox game since it came on.. Could care less about the Bears.. SO you are not alone!

Now if the Hawks were on... Well then that different!

Me too. I'm a Colts fan and since Manning is out, now I wish baseball would never end.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Less than 40 posts In a game thread? This is a sad part of the year when everyone is watching football and nobody cares about my White Sox. It's such a shame too because IMO MLB>>>>NFL.

There's probably a lot of people that would disagree with you but I'm sick of the over marketing of the NFL. Plus living in a warmer climate it's really nice outside during the NFL months. I just can't stay inside to watch 6-9 hours of football. Back in the Midwest I would pay more attention to the NFL after Oct.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
If I had the chance I would be watching the Sox game too. Now tomorrow night they are on MLB Network and I will be watching

Back in July MLB had an offer to watch games online the rest of the season for $25. The games look just as good online. I wish the NHL did this.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
There's probably a lot of people that would disagree with you but I'm sick of the over marketing of the NFL. Plus living in a warmer climate it's really nice outside during the NFL months. I just can't stay inside to watch 6-9 hours of football. Back in the Midwest I would pay more attention to the NFL after Oct.

I agree 100 percent about the over marketing. The Super Bowl is the most over hyped event in history.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Didn't watch the game, but what are people's impressions on Reed? His peripherals remain through the roof in the Majors. 6 K, 0 BB in 2.1 innings so far. Not a big sample, but it's exactly what he did in the minors all year.

I have not gotten to see very much of Reed yet, but in his debut he looked VERY sharp in his 2nd inning of work. Today I missed his inning, but I see he was hitting 96 and 97 on the gun, which I believe is a few ticks better than his debut.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Didn't watch the game, but what are people's impressions on Reed? His peripherals remain through the roof in the Majors. 6 K, 0 BB in 2.1 innings so far. Not a big sample, but it's exactly what he did in the minors all year.

Me and fathom both agreed he is the future closer of this team. Not a doubt in my mind. (no disrespect to Santos who has had an outstanding year)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Didn't watch the game, but what are people's impressions on Reed?

Nick Reed looked really good today da Bears! To quote 40-Year Old Virgin chick, "that f***er came outta nowhere...."

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
Me and fathom both agreed he is the future closer of this team. Not a doubt in my mind. (no disrespect to Santos who has had an outstanding year)

Coming from the guy who blasted us for ranking Reed the No. 2 prospect in the system ha. Glad you came around. I've been saying he's MLB ready for most of the year now.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
Coming from the guy who blasted us for ranking Reed the No. 2 prospect in the system ha. Glad you came around. I've been saying he's MLB ready for most of the year now.

Of course he's MLB ready. Based on this season, I have to conclude that everyone in Charlotte is MLB ready.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)

I'm of this opinion as well. Goldstein predicts him to have a Kimbrel like impact next year.