9/11/11 GT: Sox vs Cle - 1:10pm CDT CSN

knightni

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
Ozzie lost this game, he should have pulled Stewart in the middle of the 2nd inning.. He sucks as a manager... Fire him now

:gosoxretro:

The Sox never recovered from those opening week blown saves by Thornton

Guillen's mismanagement of pitching staffs, his bizarre aversion to sweeping series and his colossal disrespect for the paying fans are his lasting hallmarks.

Edited by mcgrad70

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)

Guillen's mismanagement of pitching staffs, his bizarre aversion to sweeping series and his colossal disrespect for the paying fans are his lasting hallmarks.

Just like people give Kenny a pass for his acquisition of Dunn (nobody could have envisioned his sudden decline), Ozzie should be given a pass for making Matt closer. Maybe some smart people knew he'd fail and predicted it on here (if you did, take a bow), but many thought he definitely deserved a shot at closing. Matt sucked big-time, but I think a majority of fans understood why he was given a shot at it over Sergio and Sale.

I agree looking back the first month killed the teams chances. But it wasn't just Thornton, Sale also blew saves as well.

Wow, that really hurt the Sox in 05 huh? Sorry, but I agree with his idea of game 3 instead of sweeps. You play .666 baseball all year you go to the playoffs 9/10 times.. Giants know all to well how that didn't work out for them.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
I agree looking back the first month killed the teams chances. But it wasn't just Thornton, Sale also blew saves as well.

Wow, that really hurt the Sox in 05 huh? Sorry, but I agree with his idea of game 3 instead of sweeps. You play .666 baseball all year you go to the playoffs 9/10 times.. Giants know all to well how that didn't work out for them.

He'll be gone next year.