Who is your guy for the GOP nomination?

NorthSideSox72

Who do you WANT / who WILL to win the GOP nomination?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to win the nomination?

• Rick Perry
    • Mitt Romney
    • Michelle Bachmann
    • Ron Paul
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Herman Cain
    • John Huntsman
    • Rick Santorum
    • Sarah Palin
  2. 2. Who WILL win the nomination?

• Rick Perry
    • Mitt Romney
    • Michelle Bachmann
    • Ron Paul
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Herman Cain
    • John Huntsman
    • Rick Santorum
    • Sarah Palin

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 12:15 AM)
Yuck.

Moronic tactics like that don't increase my respect for the gay community. Really, slandering someone simply because you dislike their opinions? Weak. If Dan Savage wants to increase tolerance for the homosexual community, he should try tactics beyond acting like a petulant child. But considering he is a person who wished all Republicans dead, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm a man. Making a mean-spirited nickname for me because you hate the way I think isn't going to change me and it damn sure isn't going to win my sympathies. Anyone who thinks Dan Savage advanced gay rights in doing what he did needs a serious maturity check.

It was a ploy by Colbert and one of his homosexual guests after Santorum said that gay marriage was like dog sex.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who voted for Sarah Palin as the one they want to win? I'm not even sure I'd pick her over Obama, and my feelings on that guy should be pretty clear. No joke, I will totally write in Netanyahu/West. That's my version of Mickey Mouse.

Honestly, to me, with the separation of powers and legislative power being in Congress, the President is in a way ceremonial. Yeah, there are executive orders and certain things the President can do to influence policy in his own right, but major game-changing legislation has to go through Congress. So when Obama comes out and says, "I'm gonna close Gitmo and end the wars and blah blah blah", or any candidate comes out and makes big promises like that, my main reaction is "bulls***!" They just can't do all those things automatically because it has to go through Congress. They can initiate or work with Congress on such issues, but in this country, s*** like that won't be done simply because the President says so.

So what I'm getting at is that, as a single man (versus a body of 535 people who are powerful and recognizable as a group but not so much as individuals), the POTUS is the main representative of the American people. And as much as I hate being represented by someone who I perceive as standing in opposition to my ideals and my beliefs and my vision of what America is supposed to be, I also don't want to be represented by someone as f***ing stupid as Palin. I mean, she gave this

in response to being asked what Supreme Court decisions other than Roe v. Wade she disagreed with.

I don't like being represented by an arrogant leftist twit, nor do I want to be represented by a functionally illiterate dips***. The best thing conservatives could do is cast her aside and relegate her to appearances on pundit programming.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
It was a ploy by Colbert and one of his homosexual guests after Santorum said that gay marriage was like dog sex.

Incorrect. The contest to come up with a dirty act to associate with Santorum's name appears to have its origins in Savage's response to a letter in May 2003 (seen here). Colbert only referred to it years later, after Santorum gave an interview in which the initial events were mentioned and Savage decided for some bizarre reason to revive the campaign.

Santorum responded to Savage's attacks with more dignity and maturity than a s***-headed brat like Savage has ever known in his entire, idiotic life. I don't know why Savage keeps going; I guess having the intelligence level of a five year old means he doesn't know when to quit and let sleeping dogs lie. Oh well, Santorum's not the one looking foolish anymore.

Want: Huntsman. He and Newt (who I'd also be ok with, although I definitely don't like him as much as Huntsman) are the only people in this race I don't find a bit scary.

Will: Romney. Perry wouldn't surprise me, but I'm hoping the party hasn't shifted as far right/as far in the direction of liking stupid candidates as it looks like they have. Actually, to be fair, I wouldn't lump Romney into the "scary" category like I would the other candidates besides Newt and Huntsman. But I REALLY don't trust Romney, and that's a big problem.

With that in mind, I have no freaking idea what I'm going to do in November of 2012.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 12:19 AM)
Also, I love how liberals just adore Huntsman. As if that's a credential that's going to help him win the GOP nomination. HA!

Republicans don't need no stinkin' liberal and moderate voters. HA!

I really do hope the GOP nominates someone with zero (what you call) liberal (appears to me moderate) appeal. That will certainly help Obama keep his base together.

BTW people who elect Perry hoping for a real right winger will be disappointed. He'll be a lot more like Clinton in that regard. Of course he will be right of center, but not as far as some give him credit for. Just what I see in Texas. He's practical that way.

Who voted for Sarah Palin as the one they want to win? I'm not even sure I'd pick her over Obama, and my feelings on that guy should be pretty clear. No joke, I will totally write in Netanyahu/West. That's my version of Mickey Mouse.

I did. I want to get this whole party platformed narcissism out of the way and done with. Palin is the Queen Bee, let her get clobbered in a national referendum for her insanity and the whole craziness we've seen the past 3 years just goes away. Until that happens however her legion of fans will cling to the hope that she'll rescue our country.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 12:41 AM)

I did. I wanted to vote for who I think will win but I had to pick an option for both categories. It was a throw-away vote.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 06:54 AM)
I did. I want to get this whole party platformed narcissism out of the way and done with. Palin is the Queen Bee, let her get clobbered in a national referendum for her insanity and the whole craziness we've seen the past 3 years just goes away. Until that happens however her legion of fans will cling to the hope that she'll rescue our country.

Hmm. When I think of craziness and insanity, I think of 2008 when all the idiots and clueless people rushed out of the woodwork to put a moron in the White House. Luckily, he's lost that pop culture appeal and people are realizing that "Hope and Change" was bulls*** and the dude's just another politician. It's going to be a tough race in 2012, and Barry will have a tough time against GOP frontrunners Perry and Romney. A lot tougher of a time than people here seem to think.

We can argue that all we want, pointing to different poll numbers that support our sides. But the only way to tell is to wait til Nov 2012. I just like the GOP's chances.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
Hmm. When I think of craziness and insanity, I think of 2008 when all the idiots and clueless people rushed out of the woodwork to put a moron in the White House. Luckily, he's lost that pop culture appeal and people are realizing that "Hope and Change" was bulls*** and the dude's just another politician. It's going to be a tough race in 2012, and Barry will have a tough time against GOP frontrunners Perry and Romney. A lot tougher of a time than people here seem to think.

We can argue that all we want, pointing to different poll numbers that support our sides. But the only way to tell is to wait til Nov 2012. I just like the GOP's chances.

I think, barring some super-major global or domestic event unforseen, the question of whether or not Obama holds the Presidency can be easily boiled down to two variables:

--Does Perry or Romney win the nomination?

--Has the economy improved, stayed the same, or gotten worse in the months or year prior to the election?

Expressed as a sort of equation, using UE standard as a catch-all economic variable, I see it this way... if Perry wins the nomination, UE needs to be 10% or higher for him to beat Obama... if Romney, then UE needs to be 9% or higher.

That's where I'd put it right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
I think, barring some super-major global or domestic event unforseen, the question of whether or not Obama holds the Presidency can be easily boiled down to two variables:

--Does Perry or Romney win the nomination?

--Has the economy improved, stayed the same, or gotten worse in the months or year prior to the election?

Expressed as a sort of equation, using UE standard as a catch-all economic variable, I see it this way... if Perry wins the nomination, UE needs to be 10% or higher for him to beat Obama... if Romney, then UE needs to be 9% or higher.

That's where I'd put it right now.

I agree, though I think Obama is in more trouble than people think. If unemployment sticks around 9%, the Repubs have a really good shot at beating him.

Wow, maybe I am in too Republican Texas but my read is Obama has a losing hand right now and needs to draw a couple winners to have a chance. And no, this isn't my usual pre-election hyperbole. His approval has dipped pretty low, the economy hasn't recovered as much as promised. His big initiatives aren't playing out too well. The Republican base is really fired up to defeat him, more so than any otehr Dem president in my lifetime. I think he's in trouble out the gate.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Wow, maybe I am in too Republican Texas but my read is Obama has a losing hand right now and needs to draw a couple winners to have a chance. And no, this isn't my usual pre-election hyperbole. His approval has dipped pretty low, the economy hasn't recovered as much as promised. His big initiatives aren't playing out too well. The Republican base is really fired up to defeat him, more so than any otehr Dem president in my lifetime. I think he's in trouble out the gate.

^ this.

Well, except for the in Texas part.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)

I don't know that anyone would disagree with this right now? The whole (liberal) narrative surrounding that jobs bill is that Republicans will pass a few token pieces to counter obstructionist claims but not anything significant that will actually help the economy, since a weak economy means a weak Obama.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
I don't know that anyone would disagree with this right now? The whole (liberal) narrative surrounding that jobs bill is that Republicans will pass a few token pieces to counter obstructionist claims but not anything significant that will actually help the economy, since a weak economy means a weak Obama.

This is such bulls***, the idea that Republicans are stonewalling the country from getting better simply to win elections. BIG SURPRISE: People actually believe that what Obama wants to do would do MORE harm than good. GASP! NO! So it ain't so! I can't believe everyone doesn't agree with liberal fiscal policy. What a tragedy!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
This is such bulls***, the idea that Republicans are stonewalling the country from getting better simply to win elections. BIG SURPRISE: People actually believe that what Obama wants to do would do MORE harm than good. GASP! NO! So it ain't so! I can't believe everyone doesn't agree with liberal fiscal policy. What a tragedy!

Hey calm down I specifically said its a partisan political narrative. It's basically the Democrat's version of the same "they want America to fail" stuff over Iraq for years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
I want Santorum, just for when a teacher assigns a project to a kid and has them look up Santorum.

I thought this was funny.

Want - Huntsman

Will - The Flip-Flopper from Massachusetts (they go over big)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)

Jenks, I believe Republicans were hoping for Obama to fail so they could regain the White House. Even before he was inaugurated there were Where's Your Hope Now? bumper stickers. So however you want to reconcile Obama failing without the country failing is fine with me.