Game Thread?

Milkman delivers

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
I'm more interested if there is going to be some post season drama.

You know... I hope they make it quick. None of this fiddle farting around with the soap opera stuff all off season trying to decide who to keep and who to has to go. Have the decision made the day after the season ends like most teams.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Closer-in-training

He's still learning and he implodes quite a bit. I rather have Sale than Sergio in there on sheer pitching experience. Until Sergio gets iron hardened, he's still learning in my eyes.

He should learn his trade in the minors...but again a team that's all-in goes out and gets a legitimate closer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Trust me on this...NO ONE wants to face our starting pitching come to the postseason. Can you imagine Peavy in the postseason? I'm sure there's no one that would be better in a postseason game than he would be.

You guys are beyond delusional..there are right now at least 7 teams in the AL better than the White Sox

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
He should learn his trade in the minors...but again a team that's all-in goes out and gets a legitimate closer.

This organization has no f***ing IDEA how to groom prospects into major league players. Sergio should most certainly have learned to close in the minors, and Beckham was called up way too f***ing fast. Sale is only on the roster because of some stipulation in his contract when he signed out of the draft.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 04:22 AM)
This organization has no f***ing IDEA how to groom prospects into major league players. Sergio should most certainly have learned to close in the minors, and Beckham was called up way too f***ing fast. Sale is only on the roster because of some stipulation in his contract when he signed out of the draft.

On Sergio, it was OK he learned to close in the majors, since this team wasn't going to win anything this year anyway with Dunn, Rios, Becks, others hitting so anemically as they did.

He's blown six saves I know. He has five losses. Did he suck in those losses? If so, that's 11 s***ty outings which is not too good if that's what we're going to get from him in the future.

I got no problems with him, however, if he learned on the job this year.

But between he and Matt, we blew a lot of saves and lost a lot of games in late relief.

This team's only strength on paper appears to be the starting rotation and maybe defense. Thing is, with AJ's inability to throw anybody out, that's a big part of defense.

I'm close to saying this team's only above average facet is starting pitching.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
On Sergio, it was OK he learned to close in the majors, since this team wasn't going to win anything this year anyway with Dunn, Rios, Becks, others hitting so anemically as they did.

He's blown six saves I know. He has five losses. Did he suck in those losses? If so, that's 11 s***ty outings which is not too good if that's what we're going to get from him in the future.

I got no problems with him, however, if he learned on the job this year.

But between he and Matt, we blew a lot of saves and lost a lot of games in late relief.

This team's only strength on paper appears to be the starting rotation and maybe defense. Thing is, with AJ's inability to throw anybody out, that's a big part of defense.

I'm close to saying this team's only above average facet is starting pitching.

His losses are the blown saves greg...