Who benefits the most?

mmmmmbeeer

So if the papers are to be believed and we see an entirely new coaching staff outside of Coop next season, which player benefits the most?

I've got to go with Gordo. This is a guy who we has exhibited a beautiful swing and approach in the past and has "adjusted" right out of it. I look for Gordo to start being the guy we thought he could be if he has a new hitting coach and manager. Considering how Oz talked s*** about Gordo in '09, I don't get the feeling that Beckham likes playing for Ozzie.....and Walker should've (did if not for JR) lost his job because of the way Beckham is swinging the bat now.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
So if the papers are to be believed and we see an entirely new coaching staff outside of Coop next season, which player benefits the most?

I've got to go with Gordo. This is a guy who we has exhibited a beautiful swing and approach in the past and has "adjusted" right out of it. I look for Gordo to start being the guy we thought he could be if he has a new hitting coach and manager. Considering how Oz talked s*** about Gordo in '09, I don't get the feeling that Beckham likes playing for Ozzie.....and Walker should've (did if not for JR) lost his job because of the way Beckham is swinging the bat now.

Every hitter but Konerko will benefit when Walker is gone.

Rios

Dunn

Beckham

Quentin (if he's not traded)

Ramirez

Morel

Flowers

Basically everyone on the team but Konerko and AJ.

As far as Lillibridge goes for 2012, whether a new approach is wise (cutting down on the swing to make contact and putting more balls in play but sacrificing power) is a coin with two sides of debate.

DeAza has clearly excelled in his opportunities...but do we credit Tim Laker more for the success of DeAza, Flowers (well, relative success compared to expectations) and Viciedo than Greg Walker?

Does Walker deserve ANY credit for DeAza performing so well?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
Rios

Dunn

Beckham

Quentin (if he's not traded)

Ramirez

Morel

Flowers

Basically everyone on the team but Konerko and AJ.

As far as Lillibridge goes for 2012, whether a new approach is wise (cutting down on the swing to make contact and putting more balls in play but sacrificing power) is a coin with two sides of debate.

DeAza has clearly excelled in his opportunities...but do we credit Tim Laker more for the success of DeAza, Flowers (well, relative success compared to expectations) and Viciedo than Greg Walker?

Does Walker deserve ANY credit for DeAza performing so well?

Laker deserves a promotion at this point.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Laker deserves a promotion at this point.

The irony is that Laker was a pretty abysmal hitter.

It's one of the reasons I've never been for Frank Thomas as a hitting coach, but maybe he would be really good.

Usually the greatest hitters/players, especially one with such a unique, non-replicable swing, don't make the best coaches.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 04:32 AM)
Yeah, it's just too bad the MLB forces lineups based on salaries.

I just hope u guys rip the new manager when he plays Dunn/Rios all year as Ozzie did.

Maybe KW will someday get as much blame for, uh, signing those 2 lousy players?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
I just hope u guys rip the new manager when he plays Dunn/Rios all year as Ozzie did.

I don't why I'm getting involved, but here I go.

1) Dunn/Rios will start everyday next year with a different manager but I guarantee they will be out of the lineup way quicker than Ozzie pulled them if they suck

2) Who on this website has not blamed Kenny for those signings? Everyone says those are bad signings, especially the Rios claim. Do you avoid the Jackson/Hudson threads, cause those are filled with expletives towards KW?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 04:44 AM)
I don't why I'm getting involved, but here I go.

1) Dunn/Rios will start everyday next year with a different manager but I guarantee they will be out of the lineup way quicker than Ozzie pulled them if they suck

2) Who on this website has not blamed Kenny for those signings? Everyone says those are bad signings, especially the Rios claim. Do you avoid the Jackson/Hudson threads, cause those are filled with expletives towards KW?

1.) Well, will we be out of the race when the new skipper finally demotes them? Probably.

2.) Well, if most hate on KW, then I've missed it with all the Ozzie burials. I sense most want KW back and want Oz gone. If most agree with me and hate KW, good for them. Cause I think he's a problem.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)

How can you possibly not get it after 100 explanations? So ridiculous

I don't care who the f***ing manager is. The managers ONLY job, IMO, is to put the best team possible on the field everyday. Ozzie's ego prevents him from doing that. It doesn't matter what happened in the previous offseason, its over, theres no changing it. Yes, KW gets blame. But once the f***ing REGULAR SEASON starts, it's on Ozzie to put the best team out there. And he can't, won't, doesn't know how, or whatever. Doesn't matter at this point, he's proven he cannot be trusted to run a team any longer.

How on earth can you defend that?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
1.) Well, will we be out of the race when the new skipper finally demotes them? Probably.

2.) Well, if most hate on KW, then I've missed it with all the Ozzie burials. I sense most want KW back and want Oz gone. If most agree with me and hate KW, good for them. Cause I think he's a problem.

Were the Sox out of the race when De Aza was called up? When the rosters expanded and Rios was batting f***ing cleanup? When Dunn was hitting .0003 and still pinch hitting in late game situations?

Your ozzie blinders are mystifying

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)

1) I think the Sox still had a chance in late July, early August, and Dunn was still consistently in the lineup

2) As much as people hate Ozzie, they do hate KW as much. It's just that KW has no supporters, while Ozzie has you. If you have ever read a Jackson/Hudson thread, you would read that people think KW is the worst GM in the history of baseball.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
1) I think the Sox still had a chance in late July, early August, and Dunn was still consistently in the lineup

2) As much as people hate Ozzie, they do hate KW as much. It's just that KW has no supporters, while Ozzie has you. If you have ever read a Jackson/Hudson thread, you would read that people think KW is the worst GM in the history of baseball.

I support KW, but I still give him some blame.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
Me thinks you guys overvalue the importance of coaches and undervalue the failure of the guys with the bats in their hands and ball in their hand.

No one is saying it's not the players' fault when they fail. But, how can anyone not see that Ozzie did not make the right decisions when it came to whether or not to play the players that were struggling? Rios batting 4th? Dunn not being PH for against a lefty when the game is on the line? Ozzie's excuse that he left Dunn in there because he makes a lot of money?

The manager can't throw the ball for the pitchers or swing the bat for the hitters or run the bases for the baserunners. But he can play the pitchers, hitters, and baserunners that give the team the best chance to win. Ozzie hasn't done that. So, his importance in that matter is not overvalued.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:20 AM)
No one is saying it's not the players' fault when they fail. But, how can anyone not see that Ozzie did not make the right decisions when it came to whether or not to play the players that were struggling? Rios batting 4th? Dunn not being PH for against a lefty when the game is on the line? Ozzie's excuse that he left Dunn in there because he makes a lot of money?

The manager can't throw the ball for the pitchers or swing the bat for the hitters or run the bases for the baserunners. But he can play the pitchers, hitters, and baserunners that give the team the best chance to win. Ozzie hasn't done that. So, his importance in that matter is not overvalued.

Why bother. You just explained for the 783678th time to greg why we want all Ozzie gone. He still won't understand after this post. Virtually everyone on this site has tried explaining to him why we need a new manager. Heck, Ozzie could walk over to Lawrence Kansas and explain to greg in person why feels he shouldn't manage this team anymore and greg would still try to convince him otherwise.