Sox playing someone tonight

BigSqwert

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
De Aza should be playing instead of AJP in order to see if he has any chance of being more than a platoon player. I do predict Viciedo homers tonight, maybe even twice.

Viciedo will go 5-5 with 20 RBI and a boner.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
It's obvious Quentin isn't healthy yet. They probably activated him to try and help his trade value this offseason, but they soon realized he couldn't swing the bat without pain yet.

I think this is the case. And with the expanded rosters, he's not wasting a roster spot if he is off the DL and not playing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
De Aza should be playing instead of AJP in order to see if he has any chance of being more than a platoon player. I do predict Viciedo homers tonight, maybe even twice.

This is exactly what we need to determine, especially having the luxury of being out of it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
It's obvious Quentin isn't healthy yet. They probably activated him to try and help his trade value this offseason, but they soon realized he couldn't swing the bat without pain yet.

You are being way to critical and reading too much into it. Quentin is still not 100% that's all. He has performed better than a number of our players and hopefully remains with the Sox next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)

I think he has shown his stuff don't you really? Vicideo-De Aza and Quentin

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)
No. The sample size is still rather miniscule.

What would we be advocating then as far as an OF next year? Albatross contracts are weighing us down apparently and some folks don't think we can unload them. Pierre most likely is gone so maybe Rios stays? Even though I think he should be gone. Viciedo-Rios-Quentin with De Aza the sub?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
What would we be advocating then as far as an OF next year? Albatross contracts are weighing us down apparently and some folks don't think we can unload them. Pierre most likely is gone so maybe Rios stays? Even though I think he should be gone. Viciedo-Rios-Quentin with De Aza the sub?

This season is toast. Give De Aza as many PAs as possible and then you re-evaluate in the offseason. I know you don't want to face this reality. But there's a good chance CQ is traded before opening day next year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
This season is toast. Give De Aza as many PAs as possible and then you re-evaluate in the offseason. I know you don't want to face this reality. But there's a good chance CQ is traded before opening day next year.

It's not that I don't want to face the chance CQ is traded it's just I think it is not a good idea. I don't see how it will help the team unless we get someone in return that is an impact player. Not a prospect of some type, which usually gets mentioned here as a mid level or lower talent. You trade a fellow that can hit like CQ then you need someone back as good if not better. Anyway that argument can go on forever. But, I know realistically anyone can get traded. Problem is the ones that should get traded stay and we don't improve