Humber 9-8, 3.43 ERA vs Paulino 3-6, 4.10 ERA - 7:10PM CST on CSN

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
He was never on the DL.

Do you really know that little about this sport where you don't know that guys are tired, beat up, and in worse shape at the end of a season?

Joe Credence would lose like 20 lbs every year because he wouldn't have time to lift during the year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
He's had plenty of ABs. Too many. He can get them in the batting cage this winter and in spring training. He know better than anyone what the result is going to be when he walks up to the plate right now. When you hit as poorly as he has for as long as he has, a few ABs isn't going to change the situation. A few months off and a better frame of mind could.

If he's going to get out of *this* he'll do it in that batter's box. Hell, I'd lead him off to get him more AB's before I'd bench him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Do you really know that little about this sport where you don't know that guys are tired, beat up, and in worse shape at the end of a season?

Joe Credence would lose like 20 lbs every year because he wouldn't have time to lift during the year.

You're a good storyteller.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
Plain and simple, he needs to play. More than anyone else on this roster.

Not in his current state. It defeats any purpose. A lot of players come back from being horrid to good the next year. Rios went from garbage to real good the first half of 2010. Dunn has no chance right now. Its a waste of time putting him in games.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
I'll interpret that to mean that no, you really know nothing about baseball.

I can't change what you think. I will say, I don't know if you could distinguish someone who knows the game from someone who does not, after a statement like this.

I have found this to be true:

When a man is in the midst of a situation in which he develops negative habits, he will continue to spiral downward, strengthening those negative habits until he removes himself from that situation for an extended period of time.

Dunn needs to not play more than anyone right now. Not play more and continue on his downward spiral.