Chapter 151: the future (6:10pm, CSN)

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Wow, Morel's walking and hitting for power. Never thought I'd see this happen.

But we've seen the same kind of thing out of Josh Fields, Beckham or even Brian Anderson.

Let's see if it's sustainable for 150+ games....especially when the White Sox are still in the race and every game counts.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
Don't worry once we fire Ozzie everything falls into place, this is the team to beat in the AL, hell in baseball. No changes on the roster are needed.

hey another terrible pro-ozzie argument that makes absolutely no sense and doesn't bother to actually address any of the many criticisms of him, sweet.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
As opposed to the ones that state to fire him, when ask.. what manager gets this team into the playoffs.. crickets.

I'm not even looking towards the playoffs next year. I'm fine sacrificing a few seasons with a new coaching staff that helps develop our players.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
As opposed to the ones that state to fire him, when ask.. what manager gets this team into the playoffs.. crickets.

There are folks on on here who "believe" that if De Aza and Viciedo replaced Dunn and Rios a month earlier the Sox would still be fighting it out for the divisional lead with the Tigers. Honestly.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
There are folks on on here who "believe" that if De Aza and Viciedo replaced Dunn and Rios a month earlier the Sox would still be fighting it out for the divisional lead with the Tigers. Honestly.

And there are folks who believe that Ozzie has done a good job this year.

And as we have seen.. Viciedo isn't as ready as those people thought... So maybe Ozzie was correct on not bringing him up in May.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 03:37 AM)
And there are folks who "can't fault Kenny" for this.

You're right, KW received zero blame at all for the Hudson/Jackson debacle of a trade...false. I truly don't think anyone would be upset if both KW and Ozzie get let go. What people are worried about is if KW gets let go and Ozzie stays.