Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians, GAME 2

knightni

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 12:52 AM)
Is Axelrod someone I should be excited about?

You know I am not certain. This is only his second game with the Sox. He did pretty fair in his first satrt, but until there is some positive history it's always a crap shoot in my opinion. Look at Stewart. Had a fanatstic one hitter, but really has been mediocre in his other starts

Steve Stone just said that Adam Dunn could win the comeback player of the year just by "coming back".

:lolhitting

By the way, I'm not sure if Hawk has said it before, but the "Dunn is going to work hard and come back strong" talk from him just popped up last inning. I'm waiting for the first story in January about Dunn "hitting off a tee"

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)
Steve Stone just said that Adam Dunn could win the comeback player of the year just by "coming back".

:lolhitting

By the way, I'm not sure if Hawk has said it before, but the "Dunn is going to work hard and come back strong" talk from him just popped up last inning. I'm waiting for the first story in January about Dunn "hitting off a tee"

That and the beginning of ST will be all positive and syrupy sweet about how he is ready to bang out the homers again, etc

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 01:20 AM)
Escobar can still benefit from another year at AAA

Good point. I seem to have read that Mr Rogers thinks Escobar gives the team more flexibility, but I woud really prefer the veteran presence of Omar on the team for at least one more year anyway. He is still pretty darn good with the leather

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Good point. I seem to have read that Mr Rogers thinks Escobar gives the team more flexibility, but I woud really prefer the veteran presence of Omar on the team for at least one more year anyway. He is still pretty darn good with the leather

I've like Omar, but its time for him to hit the road.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Flowers has got to learn how to hit big league pitching. Maybe he and Dunn can work out together this winter. Otherwise that bat is going to keep him as a back up catcher

He's going to have to somehow make more contact, without sacrificing power.

I'd like to take a few cuts off Axelrod.