knightni

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
Ed farmer says alexei said he is 33 today. I've got my tinfoil hat out but I can decide if I should put it on.

So, birth certificate says 30 but he says 33. Interesting.

Maybe his contract isn't that great after all.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
So, birth certificate says 30 but he says 33. Interesting.

Maybe his contract isn't that great after all.

You have to wonder just because he is from cuba, but I'm thinking it may be just as likely that something was lost in trfanslation.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
Doesn't mean quite as much when you're 14 games out with 7 to play.

Bingo. At this point of the season you are trying to get the guys ready for next year. guys who have had bad years you want out there to try to get turned around. It isn't August when the season actually mattered anymore, which takes away from the attempt at being a smart ass.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
Dick Allen would be right in questioning that though.

And if he wants to do that, he probably needs to answer something like which hitters have been brought in off of a minor league contract and turned into decently regarded hitters and all-stars?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
And if he wants to do that, he probably needs to answer something like which hitters have been brought in off of a minor league contract and turned into decently regarded hitters and all-stars?

How many high first round draft picks has KW brought in offensively? Quentin was one, and he did OK.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
Brooks Boyer should tell Hawk to stiffle the "race for second place" crap. If second place in the AL Central is any reason to celebrate even a little bit, no wonder the Sox are a dissappointment.

I just wish it was easy to flip-flop teams. I feel bad saying that. I'm just not wired that way. Afterall, I did get a World Series title at age 22. All the s*** I talk about not watching this team next year and following the Nats and Blue Jays is just that - talk. I hate myself. I will punish myself with a shot of Brandy.