knightni

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
I hadn't noticed but I'm willing to bet that this is going to drive me crazy now.

At first I thought is was my computer which goes into some sort of sleep mode when you haven't been on it for a few minutes. But it is annoying, unbelievably annoying when its beeping and it isn't White Sox crossing the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
Reed's slider is really mediocre...good thing hitters seem to struggle against his fastball/change-up combo

Most reports I've read note that his change is the 3rd pitch and the slider is typically fantastic. The Indians announcer corroborated this a few minutes ago. I haven't intently watched him pitch lately though.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 02:23 AM)
Most reports I've read note that his change is the 3rd pitch and the slider is typically fantastic. The Indians announcer corroborated this a few minutes ago. I haven't intently watched him pitch lately though.

Ozzie shared my view of Reed having a good fastball/change but needing to refine his slider.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
I beg to differ.. The Sox needed to make an impact at the trade deadline if they were seriously going to make a run.. They didn't and the rest is history. The team was inconsistent all year, Not since Juneish did I think this team had a chance to make it... Unless they made a move, or somehow Dunn recalled how to be Dunn.

At the deadline we move at the time our 3rd best starting pitcher and KW screw up.. for a bag of peanuts, and old sock. DET went and fixed their problem at 3rd, and got a SP and some RP..

There is nothing to 'differ'. The Sox were right there with plenty of games to play. Detroit kicked their asses as Ozzie managed them right into the fetal position.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Ozzie shared my view of Reed having a good fastball/change but needing to refine his slider.

Via Sickels as of August 2011:

He has outstanding command of the fastball, and mixes it with a superb slider, one of the best breaking pitches in the minors. His changeup is inconsistent, but in the bullpen the fastball/slider combination has been enough for him to dominate. His ratios have remained excellent at every level, with no deterioration in his K/BB or K/IP ratios. Although Reed has saved just three games this year, he has the command, stuff, and mound presence to close games.

Baseball America rates the slider as plus-plus as well.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
"Players look forward to the bonus as a nice Christmas present" -- Hawk yesterday

Exactly. It's insulting as hell.

And did anyone else get a little angry looking at Beckham's s***-eating grin in the 9th today? Wipe that smile off of your face. Your team is terrible and about to drop another game. And obviously I'm happy that they're losing to get better draft positioning, but I don't want the players to act like they couldn't give a s*** less about the game.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)

And did anyone else get a little angry looking at Beckham's s***-eating grin in the 9th today? Wipe that smile off of your face. Your team is terrible and about to drop another game. And obviously I'm happy that they're losing to get better draft positioning, but I don't want the players to act like they couldn't give a s*** less about the game.

I saw that pathectic to see guys on this team act that way.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)

I can't get mad about a guy finding a reason to smile in a 7 month season and after a 3 hour game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
I can't get mad about a guy finding a reason to smile in a 7 month season and after a 3 hour game.

Me neither, but his smile is nothing like that of any pitcher that has to face him. They think "Adam Jr. is up."

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
So, birth certificate says 30 but he says 33. Interesting.

Maybe his contract isn't that great after all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
Fukudome has destroyed the Sox since the Indians acquired him. Wouldn't shock me if KW goes after him this offseason for some position.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
This season was lost before August... After the July 31st trade deadline, the White Sox got weaker, the Tigers got stronger..

1.My god, Lexi is 33?? That is ridiculously old. I always thought of him as 26 or so. 33? Is anybody else alarmed?

2.) I was thinking the same thing today about Fukodome. My god he's torched the Sox. We could have used his bat at the break for sure.

3.) Is anybody else worried about Humber and Zach? How can we chalk it all up to overuse? I mean if Phil had had these results the first half we'd all think he was just a hack.

Is Phil a good starting candidate for next year?? Zach?? I am thinking they may be more like the hacks the Royals throw out there than playoff caliber starters.

What need did the white sox have that was fixable? The only legit needs were cf and dh. They could have gone for Beltran or some dh option, but Ozzie would have had to bench his guy. 3b? MOrel has actually outperformed Betemit. And Beltran would have not only cost Viciedo...he wouldn't have outproduced De Aza.

Beltran wasn't even an option for me, he is a Griifey type move.. No thanks. The Sox needed an upgrade at 2b, CF, DH, and 3b..

Since you have 26 million tied up in CF and DH.. they needed to address 2b and 3b.. Betemit is a wash to Morel, one was hitting, the other is fielding, I will take the fielding guy right now... A-Ram would have been nice, and he gets to stay in Chicago.. I don't know if Henrdy would have asked to much.. Problem is.. Zero Cash, so that is a wash.

Mike Aviles would have been nice, can play 2b, hitting is a nice upgrade over Bacon, can also play 3b as well. And I would think the Royals were not asking a ton for him.. Since the trade is hitting in the .348.. Ideally, he hits in the #2 hole.. move Alexi down to 3 And here is your new lineup

1. Jp

2. Aviles

3. Alexi

4. Paulie

5. Carlos

6. AJ

7. Rios

8. Dunn

9. Morel.

Dunn is still there, but in a spot that doesn't hurt to much.. and at the time you think he might break out of it.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Beltran wasn't even an option for me, he is a Griifey type move.. No thanks. The Sox needed an upgrade at 2b, CF, DH, and 3b..

Since you have 26 million tied up in CF and DH.. they needed to address 2b and 3b.. Betemit is a wash to Morel, one was hitting, the other is fielding, I will take the fielding guy right now... A-Ram would have been nice, and he gets to stay in Chicago.. I don't know if Henrdy would have asked to much.. Problem is.. Zero Cash, so that is a wash.

Mike Aviles would have been nice, can play 2b, hitting is a nice upgrade over Bacon, can also play 3b as well. And I would think the Royals were not asking a ton for him.. Since the trade is hitting in the .348.. Ideally, he hits in the #2 hole.. move Alexi down to 3 And here is your new lineup

1. Jp

2. Aviles

3. Alexi

4. Paulie

5. Carlos

6. AJ

7. Rios

8. Dunn

9. Morel.

Dunn is still there, but in a spot that doesn't hurt to much.. and at the time you think he might break out of it.

Ok, really? That's your impact trade? Ha Ha Ha