White Sox Manager Search Thread

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
I doubt its Fisk. From what I heard, the sox want a manager who is also fluent in speaking Spanish to help communicate with the latin players. Martinez, LaRussa, Alomar and Pena are all fluent in Spanish. Not sure if that is why Francona isn't high on the sox list, but it might go with it.

Eh, you could also hire a bench coach who speaks Spanish too.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)

Maybe that changes now that Ozzie is gone? Not that I want to see Omar as a coach on the big team. If anything he has shown that maybe he has a future working as minor league instructor after seeing the work he did with Alexei.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Maybe that changes now that Ozzie is gone? Not that I want to see Omar as a coach on the big team. If anything he has shown that maybe he has a future working as minor league instructor after seeing the work he did with Alexei.

He wasnt happy with how he was handled, plus he still wants to play. Doesnt seem like a third base coach job is in his immediate future

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
He wasnt happy with how he was handled, plus he still wants to play. Doesnt seem like a third base coach job is in his immediate future

A utility job isn't in his future here for sure. With Escobar and now this Martinez kid around, they have that covered on the cheap.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
I doubt its Fisk. From what I heard, the sox want a manager who is also fluent in speaking Spanish to help communicate with the latin players. Martinez, LaRussa, Alomar and Pena are all fluent in Spanish. Not sure if that is why Francona isn't high on the sox list, but it might go with it.

We don't have to worry about Fisk.

No way KW hires a guy who is such a crabby guy. He could quit at any point as he doesn't need the job and he's known as a real prick.

No fricking way Kenny goes the way of hiring a guy who could be a problem personality wise.

My guess is Alomar or Pena.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
Rock, got a catalog of your source?

Not sure what that means. There are one or two people on here who knows where I get my limited information from, and I have to keep it that way. I dont get exact info either, its very broad based on compiling different bits and pieces of information that flows through his/her hands.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
Not sure what that means. There are one or two people on here who knows where I get my limited information from, and I have to keep it that way. I dont get exact info either, its very broad based on compiling different bits and pieces of information that flows through his/her hands.

I think he was asking what moves you have correctly been informed about.