White Sox Manager Search Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the patience to peruse Red Sox forums being their fans annoy me, but has anyone who has the patience read anything concerning who they may be targeting? Take a guy like Martinez, if given the choice between a powerhouse like Boston or a kind-of-in-a-rebuild team like the Sox, it worries me that we may not get who we target as the best candidate will choose the situation with the best chance of winning.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
You talk as if this is a stellar crop of rookies. It isn't.

I tend to put more weight on an opinion of someone within the organization. The body of Bell's work is not impressive.

You know, I could sit here and say "there is a person I know in the Yankees organization that tells me that Buddy Bells talent evaluation skills are pretty good. He has made mistakes, of course, but all scouts and minor league operations guys make mistakes on prospects." and use that as my reasoning that Bell is better than you think he is.

You keep saying you have an opinion within the org, but never show or prove anything. so why should I believe any of it? "My guy on 35th st...." hasnt really shown or proved anything except that he approves of YOUR views

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 06:34 AM)
My "guy on 35th" LOL says its Martinez

Are you being serious or not cant tell with the "LOL" I know you claim to have some inside knowledge in past that has been pretty accurate. If true I think everyone pretty much gets the guy they wanted which isn't often the Wsox do what this board wants ahead of time.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)

I tend to put more weight on an opinion of someone within the organization. The body of Bell's work is not impressive.

I tend to side more with on-field production than some fictional character.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
You know, I could sit here and say "there is a person I know in the Yankees organization that tells me that Buddy Bells talent evaluation skills are pretty good. He has made mistakes, of course, but all scouts and minor league operations guys make mistakes on prospects." and use that as my reasoning that Bell is better than you think he is.

You keep saying you have an opinion within the org, but never show or prove anything. so why should I believe any of it? "My guy on 35th st...." hasnt really shown or proved anything except that he approves of YOUR views

I do not give one damn whether you believe any of it or not. If you don't like me, you don't believe me, or at least you don't WANT to believe me. Seems to be the way it goes around here.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
I do not give one damn whether you believe any of it or not. If you don't like me, you don't believe me, or at least you don't WANT to believe me. Seems to be the way it goes around here.

No, it just seems your guy hasn't been right at all.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
Example?

For people to put any stock into those types of statements, you'll have to correctly predict a move from within the organization. Rock and a couple of other guys (names escape me at the moment) have done just that on a few occasions. Like it or not, when you say that you have a guy on the inside, nobody will believe it until you give us something of substance. Otherwise, people will just think you're trying to make yourself seem more important :lol:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
For people to put any stock into those types of statements, you'll have to correctly predict a move from within the organization. Rock and a couple of other guys (names escape me at the moment) have done just that on a few occasions. Like it or not, when you say that you have a guy on the inside, nobody will believe it until you give us something of substance. Otherwise, people will just think you're trying to make yourself seem more important :lol:

I wrote here back in August the scenario of Williams moving up or out has been discussed. Kaplan breaks the story after the season that Williams offered to take another position in the organization.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
I wrote here back in August the scenario of Williams moving up or out has been discussed. Kaplan breaks the story after the season that Williams offered to take another position in the organization.

I don't know, that seems like it could be coincidental. I'm not saying that you don't, but predicting a move would go a long way in convincing people.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)

I think people have been writing that for a year or two now. Considering it actually happened with the Bulls, this isn't a big leap.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
I think people have been writing that for a year or two now. Considering it actually happened with the Bulls, this isn't a big leap.

Okay, so it proves nothing. There's nothing I can do to prove the validity of my source then.

My thing with Marty and a few others is that they continuously dodge facts or they ignore them with some tired saying, "He/They don't mean that." after all the evidence points to them saying, doing, and others confirming what they did and didn't mean.

You can have your opinion, but at the same time, don't try to pass your opinion off as fact, especially when you have nothing, and I mean, literally nothing to backup the facts with.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
My thing with Marty and a few others is that they continuously dodge facts or they ignore them with some tired saying, "He/They don't mean that." after all the evidence points to them saying, doing, and others confirming what they did and didn't mean.

You can have your opinion, but at the same time, don't try to pass your opinion off as fact, especially when you have nothing, and I mean, literally nothing to backup the facts with.

How do you pass an opinion off as fact?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
The more power Buddy Bell gets in this organization the longer it will be before they can dig out. Buddy Bell. Goodness there maybe less hope than I thought.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
Input was crucial in trading for Teahen, vouched for his defensive ability at third base. A member of the organization told me he's a wonderful guy, but lacking in talent evaluation skills.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
How do you pass an opinion off as fact?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Look at your posts in many threads where you are called out, and 95% of the time, you make claims, with no evidence. Hell, look at the Dodge thread for examples.

Going forward, I'll make it easier for everyone by prefacing my opinions with "This is my opinion . . ."

For everyone's edification:

The more power Buddy Bell gets in this organization the longer it will be before they can dig out. Buddy Bell. Goodness there maybe less hope than I thought.

Opinion.

Input was crucial in trading for Teahen, vouched for his defensive ability at third base. A member of the organization told me he's a wonderful guy, but lacking in talent evaluation skills.

Fact.

Opinion.