White Sox Manager Search Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

1. Merk mentioned all the Sox fans who want Ryno in order to tweak Cubbies fans, which seems knuckleheaded.

2. Ryno is a strong candidate, but his resume pretty well mirrors that of McEwing, who the White Sox already like a lot.

3. No harm in talking to Ryno, but they have at least two candidates in Davey and Sandy who are coveted fits for White Sox.

4. KW is unlikely to be due diligencing the search to death. I have to imagine if it reaches the AAA manager level, McEwing would get job

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
Making it to the dance and losing to the same team at home two years in a row doesn't normally make for happy fans.

Me thinks there are some Maddon haters tonight in Florida. If anybody truly cares down there which is debatable.

Rays lost a huge amount of there team last year and still make it back into the playoffs. Madd's is on a completely other level than one Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Making it to the dance and losing to the same team at home two years in a row doesn't normally make for happy fans.

Me thinks there are some Maddon haters tonight in Florida. If anybody truly cares down there which is debatable.

Methinks you are doing everything you can to prove to us that trading Ozzie was the wrong thing. Mealsothinks your comparisons are so offbase that we cannot help but think that you arent really watching the games, but rather watching for a shot of Ozzie in the dugout so you can cheer him on. Mealsoalsothinks this is a tired excercise of yours that has been proven wrong time and time and time and methinks time again.

Methinks

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Methinks you are doing everything you can to prove to us that trading Ozzie was the wrong thing. Mealsothinks your comparisons are so offbase that we cannot help but think that you arent really watching the games, but rather watching for a shot of Ozzie in the dugout so you can cheer him on. Mealsoalsothinks this is a tired excercise of yours that has been proven wrong time and time and time and methinks time again.

Methinks

You slay me. Look at all of the bad moves by managers in the playoffs. You will complain next year when Dunn and Rios are in the lineup.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)

Methinks

What are you trying to say here? :lolhitting

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)

Methinks

#andthinkingishalfthebattle.

Apparently, the Red Sox are looking at bringing in a younger manager instead of a big name one. They are going to be going head to head for Dave Martinez and Sandy Alomar Jr with us. Hopefully Kenny doesn't mess around and is interviewing these guys as we speak. I could see Martinez going to Boston and that's who I really want.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Apparently, the Red Sox are looking at bringing in a younger manager instead of a big name one. They are going to be going head to head for Dave Martinez and Sandy Alomar Jr with us. Hopefully Kenny doesn't mess around and is interviewing these guys as we speak. I could see Martinez going to Boston and that's who I really want.

Rays would never let that happen.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)

Any rumors they might go through their organization?

Dave Martinez, White Sox Top Choice

But will he be a good manager?

That’s what White Sox general manager Ken Williams intends to find out when he interviews the Tampa Bay Rays’ 47-year-old bench coach, which could happen in the next two days. The prevailing view in the Rays organization — and around the majors — is that Martinez is the primary target on Williams’ short list. ‘The feeling [inside the Rays] is that Martinez is the guy, outside of [Tony] La Russa — who is not a serious threat,’’ a major-league source said. Lending credence to that feeling is that Alomar, who keeps an offseason home in Chicago, has not been contacted by the Sox, according to another major-league source. ‘‘When they didn’t interview Alomar right away, that was a sign,’’ a source said.

Martinez, who knows the interview process after going through it with the Toronto Blue Jays last year and the Cleveland Indians the year before, told the Sun-Times this week he’s ‘‘overwhelmed’’ he’s high on the Sox’ list, perhaps on top. He has received rave reviews from Rays manager Joe Maddon and has told people close to the Rays he’s thrilled about the possibility of returning to Chicago, where he played for the Sox in 1995-97. The feeling among baseball insiders is that Martinez has been at the top of Williams’ list for weeks.

Edited by DirtySox