Let the Rebuild Begin

DirtySox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Greg will poll 100 Jayhawks fans and they will claim never to have heard of Dunn or Rios but will be conspicuously wearing their brand-new Miami Marlins glow-in-the-dark gear.

After Bill Self and Roy Williams, #3 on their "I'd most like to have a beer with..." list would be Ozzie Guillen, followed by the Reverend Fred Phelps, anyone from the cast of "The Big Bang Theory" and Minka Kelly.

:notworthy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
I dont think I've put more than one user on ignore in several years, and in the last 2 days I've had to put Marty and Victory both on it. Just awful.

Santos is going to be worth so much to this team over the next few years and then will be a HUGE value in the trade market IMO. Less than a million bucks for a pen arm like that is awesome.

I didn't know there was an ignore feature but I found it based on Marty's comments in this thread. I would like to know what he thinks he gets back for those two pieces today that would be better than keeping them around.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
pgammo Peter Gammons

Ken Williams says "we're going to let the kids play," will know what they have in mid-season, young culture coming

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Comment makes me think payroll will be $90M or less. It is the right decision in my opinion.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
pgammo Peter Gammons

Ken Williams says "we're going to let the kids play," will know what they have in mid-season, young culture coming

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ChiTribRogers Phil Rogers

What kids? RT @pgammo Ken Williams says "we're going to let the kids play," will know what they have in mid-season, young culture coming

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

jimcallisBA Jim Callis

Would help if system wasn't worst in game. @pgammo: Ken Williams: "we're going to let the kids play" . . . young culture coming #WhiteSox

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

keithlaw keithlaw

Great. Now they need kids worth playing. RT @pgammo: Ken Williams says "we're going to let the kids play," will know what they have in...

49 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Phil Rogers

What kids? RT pgammo Ken Williams says "we're going to let the kids play," will know what they have in mid-season, young culture coming

1 minute ago

Phil is right for once.

Absolutely.

I assume the kids will be Dayan, Flowers, Sale, Stewart, Reed, Escobar, and a pen arm or two.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Phil Rogers

What kids? RT pgammo Ken Williams says "we're going to let the kids play," will know what they have in mid-season, young culture coming

1 minute ago

Phil is right for once.

How is Phil "right"? The season doesn't start for 7 months....The "kids" are prospects he gets back for Danks, Floyd...etc.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
How is Phil "right"? The season doesn't start for 7 months....The "kids" are prospects he gets back for Danks, Floyd...etc.

I still hold it is really unlikely we'll get anything MLB-ready back for Danks/Floyd/Quentin...or if we do, it won't be the kind of player that you want to give a starting job to, it'll be a recovery project or someone like Lillibridge coming off a down year.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)

I hope Kenny isn't focusing only on acquiring near major league ready talent. I don't want him limiting himself. The system needs talent period, at all levels.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
I still hold it is really unlikely we'll get anything MLB-ready back for Danks/Floyd/Quentin...or if we do, it won't be the kind of player that you want to give a starting job to, it'll be a recovery project or someone like Lillibridge coming off a down year.

At this point, I think that Kenny and JR are more interested in dumping salary than nabbing a solid prospect.